Most Violent U.S. State (Home Sweet Home)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Most Violent U.S. State (Home Sweet Home)
(18-12-2013 09:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 09:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The People's Republic of Maryland is most certainly not blue. We're so Red we're Commie Bastard Red. Tongue

I know you're joking, but you're going to confuse the non-Americans.

For those of you not familiar, here is what people mean by red v. blue states.

But why ain't the commie States red and the poor, sad state-of-affairs States blue? Shouldda stuck with the pre-2000 convention. Then the rest of the world wouldn't be confused. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Fuck that, let's paint the country rainbow...ya' know, lot's of options to choose from, plus gay sex. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
19-12-2013, 05:25 AM
(18-12-2013 10:32 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Fuck that, let's paint the country rainbow...ya' know, lot's of options to choose from, plus gay sex. Tongue

You Navy guys are always bringing up gay sex!Rolleyes
[+] 3 users Like Juv's post
20-12-2013, 06:27 AM
Texas isn't on the list? HERRSAY I SAY

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
20-12-2013, 06:33 AM
(20-12-2013 06:27 AM)Question Wrote:  Texas isn't on the list? HERRSAY I SAY

The existence of Austin must drag Texas up enough to avoid listing.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-12-2013, 07:55 AM
(20-12-2013 06:33 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-12-2013 06:27 AM)Question Wrote:  Texas isn't on the list? HERRSAY I SAY

The existence of Austin must drag Texas up enough to avoid listing.

No it's a per cappa thing so a state like MD which is small but has 1 really bad part (Balti-stab) ranks way higher than Texas which has more crime than MD but a much larger populations to compensate.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
20-12-2013, 07:57 AM
(18-12-2013 12:26 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I don't think there was a thread on this, but I could be wrong. This year the FBI named Tennessee the most dangerous state in the county. Of course, most dangerous is a bit subjective, but it is not the same thing as most deadly. The data was collected on murder, rape, robbery and aggravated assault, none of which are appealing. I suspect poverty plays a big factor in this - Tennessee currently has nearly 18% of it's population living below the poverty line, nothing new about that. Surprisingly, nearly a quarter of it's population does hold a Bachelors Degree or higher though. For every 100,000 people living in the state there is 643.6 violent crimes. Our largest city, Memphis, has the fifth highest crime rate in the country, and our second largest city (which I always thought of as being nice), Nashville has the eighteenth highest crime rate in the country. Last year there were 388 murders in Tennessee, mostly concentrated in metropolitan areas.

The top-ten most dangerous states are
  1. Tennessee
  2. Nevada
  3. Alaska
  4. New Mexico
  5. South Carolina
  6. Delaware
  7. Louisiana
  8. Florida
  9. Maryland
  10. Oklahoma

In related news, some nutbag living in the closest city to where I live went berserk in traffic (for the second time) and tried to murder three bikers unsuccessfully. Apparently when he failed to kill them with his SUV was was followed home by the bikers who had alerted the police, he came out dual-wielding pistols and proceeded to shoot one of the men three times.

....Aaannnnd why I ran away so many years ago. Got out of TN as fast as I could.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
20-12-2013, 07:59 AM
(20-12-2013 07:55 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-12-2013 06:33 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  The existence of Austin must drag Texas up enough to avoid listing.

No it's a per cappa thing so a state like MD which is small but has 1 really bad part (Balti-stab) ranks way higher than Texas which has more crime than MD but a much larger populations to compensate.

I maintain my Austin comment on the basis that if anything good happens in Texas, the stereotypically happens there, and on the out-of-my-arse claim that clearly Austin has such a low crime rate that it alone drags Texas up, even based on per capita measurement.
We are talking about Texas here, since when has logic applied there of all places..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-12-2013, 09:38 AM
(20-12-2013 07:57 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  ....Aaannnnd why I ran away so many years ago. Got out of TN as fast as I could.

Did you live in a metropolitan area? From what I gathered from the article it's Memphis and Nashville that are more violent. I thought you were from East Tennessee, where there are no large cities. Closest thing to large cities in East TN is Knoxville, and Chattanooga.

20-12-2013, 12:19 PM
And I work in one of the most dangerous cities on that list. Nice.

My fiancé has "advised" that I get a job on-campus next time it comes up. He's worried since he's seen where I work (ironically it's RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from a Christian College) and thinks I shouldn't be anywhere near there.