Most charitable nations in the world

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2015, 01:29 AM
Most charitable nations in the world
http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda...-the-world

It's really a shame that incentivizing people with non-falsifiable claims of intangible rewards, often preying on their deepest fears of the unknown, seems to be the most effective way of getting them to be charitable.

Remember, the FSM loves you... but He will love you even more if you're super generous and caring, and don't plunder all the booty for yourself.
(Don't think too much into that veiled threat. Just let your basic human instincts take over, and act upon them; then let your brain convince you that you didn't do it for some ultimately self-serving reason. Shy )

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2015, 02:05 AM
RE: Most charitable nations in the world
Fine Scale Modeller loves me?

FSM

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-11-2015, 02:19 AM
^Yes, and they won't even guilt you into forking over 10% of your income for administration fees and building maintenance costs Smile

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
29-11-2015, 02:23 AM
(29-11-2015 02:19 AM)cactus Wrote:  ^Yes, and they won't even guilt you into forking over 10% of your income for administration fees and building maintenance costs Smile

All this for nothing! Sad

[Image: 6008_104208113142_654928142_2207692_6336...3sajz.jpeg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-11-2015, 04:47 AM
I think it's important to realize exactly what they were measuring.

Quote:Another reason is that it's not the total amount of money given that the index is measuring. It's the act of giving itself, in the form of three specific charitable behaviors. The Gallup World Poll asked people from 145 countries: In the last month, have you donated money to a charity; volunteered time to an organization; helped a stranger or someone you didn't know who needed help? When the results to all three questions were averaged, Myanmar came out on top.

And I think as our (USA) population increases in age that this number will significantly increase as older more educated retirees find their happiness in giving more of their time and not necessarily their money.

Drinking Beverage

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
29-11-2015, 04:58 AM
(29-11-2015 04:47 AM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  I think it's important to realize exactly what they were measuring.

Quote:Another reason is that it's not the total amount of money given that the index is measuring. It's the act of giving itself, in the form of three specific charitable behaviors. The Gallup World Poll asked people from 145 countries: In the last month, have you donated money to a charity; volunteered time to an organization; helped a stranger or someone you didn't know who needed help? When the results to all three questions were averaged, Myanmar came out on top.

And I think as our (USA) population increases in age that this number will significantly increase as older more educated retirees find their happiness in giving more of their time and not necessarily their money.

Drinking Beverage

DJ

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the trend. More people of retirement age are continuing to work - because they can't afford retirement...

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arch...rk/396464/

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-11-2015, 05:17 AM
(29-11-2015 04:58 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 04:47 AM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  I think it's important to realize exactly what they were measuring.

Drinking Beverage

DJ

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the trend. More people of retirement age are continuing to work - because they can't afford retirement...

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arch...rk/396464/

Thanks for the citation. And for the younger crowd:

Quote:Overall, Millennials are much more optimistic than their Baby Boomer predecessors now nearing retirement. That’s partly because Millennials are under no illusions that they’ll be able to rely on any of the Social Security benefits they have paid into, but believe that they still have time to save up on their own.

My concern would be they
Quote:believe that they still have time to save up on their own
which I don't believe will happen.

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
29-11-2015, 06:37 AM
See, told you Canada sucks. 60.. that's weak Canada, that's very weak indeed.
Don't even get me started on the Aussies... 59 *gag* you heartless fucks make me sick.

[Image: oscar.png]
29-11-2015, 07:05 AM
The Brits need a free rock concert before they fork out the readies.

For comparison:

2015:
[Image: caf-world-giving-index-2015-bubble-map.jpg]

2014:
[Image: 1555A_WGI2014_BubbleMap_151014.jpg]

2013:
[Image: WorldGivingIndex-MapOfNations.png]

2012:
[Image: world-giving-index-2012-map.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
29-11-2015, 10:05 AM
In the UK we have people who stop you in towns or who occasionaly will come and knock on your door.

They are known as Chuggers (Charity muggers)

This doesnt help with their reputation.....

https://www.gumtree.com/p/field-sales-jo...1124107458

https://www.gumtree.com/p/general-jobs/c...1140521440

https://www.gumtree.com/p/general-jobs/m...1140805029

Seems like there is plenty of money to be made being charitable.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.