Most disturbing dream ever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Most disturbing dream ever
So last night I had the most disturbing dream that I have ever had (on so many different levels) and I have to share because I feel like I will burst if it stays only in my mind.

Warning, there will be very graphic descriptions of things that are very disturbing and graphic.

In case anybody reads this, feel free to
a) share your most disturbing dream
b) give an opinion
I really just need to let it out.

Anyway, you have been warned.

So over all it was a very short dream I think. I am not sure but I think it was short. It just had a lot of detail in and things seemed to be slowed down so much that I really couldn't miss a detail.

So it started on one of those kind of fire stair cases on the outside of a building. I was standing and looking how a guy was swinging a girl over on the other side on the handrail of. The place he was with the kid was about 5 or 6 floors up. So really high.
So at first he was just swinging her over there dangerously and bringing her over to the save side occasionally. She did not cry or make a sound.
I was watching the scene as a bystander so to say and the mother of the child was watching in close proximity of him the the girl as well but she didn't intervene or look concerned.
So at some point, he swung her over and smashed her roughly on to the next set of stairs leading downwards. Now there was no blood, no crying, no panic from the mother. The girl was laying face up but head down and feed up on that flight of downwards stairs.
I was moving in to make sure things were ok and to see if I had to help. (note, that I always do that when I see things happening. I am a trained first aider and if needed I can and will help well, so that is why I did the same in my dream).
At first things looked ok. The smash of the girl on to the stairs didn't make a sound or anything, and although the move of him smashing her down was rough, her landing didn't look rough if that makes any sense.
Anyway I was moving in and checking without touching and at first things looked okay. I did not want to move her just in case anything is broken or so. So I was starting to form a plan on how to move her savely out of this position because being upside down and paralized (she did not move) is very dangerous and I wanted her out of that position as fast as possible.
The father had now also moved in but did not seem concerned, he was just looking but nothing else.
>>> ! Now is where the graphic part starts and this is your last warning! <<
So as I was working on a plan to do this alone as the parents did not seem concerned or reactive to anything, the girls face started to change.
I had an eye on her face the whole time to make sure that she would be responsive or at least concious. So far she just had a weird blank but concious stare. Just like people can have from shock. So although I had my alarm bells on, I had time to to think.
But now her lips started to change colour. At first they became blue-ish (as you'd expect) and than they kept getting darker and darker until her lips and tongue were black. He face was still having that blank stare and I was wondering if she had passed away but it didn't seem that way.
I have never seen this happen, the lips go black (and believe me I have seen many people die in many different ways) so I started to get very concerned and I was , or think I was, asking the parents to help me move her as it seemed that her time was running out. I had a very urgent feeling now, not panic, just urgent.
Now as I kept an eye on her face, occasionally turning to the parents, something very weird happened to her face.
She started to get some small pustules on gums right next to her teeth. The pustules started to swell more and more, looking as if they were filled with puss or whatever. She started to react finally. It looked like she was suffocating. She tried to breath but couldn't get air in as her tongue seemed to have started swelling too.
Her father finally reacted to and gave her loving little slaps on the cheek asking her if she is alright and feeling satisfied with her reaction (she kept suffocating, there was no actual reaction).
The worse her suffocating got, the more those pustules swole up to the point where she started vomiting some weird, thick grey matter.

This is where somehow my brain had enough and stopped my sleep. The weird thing is, I was so split between wanting to finish the dream and fix things and make a happy end (no after waking I was fully aware that it has been a dream) or to just not close my eyes again so I wouldn't have to see this anymore.

I think a few things are combining right there.
Some of my stresses are going away. Especially some of my health worries (knowing what issues I have and having a plan to get the unresolved health issues diagnosed).
And the other thing is work, where I have to see so much horrible stuff, so much death and torture, so many different ways people are being horrible to other people, and just the lowest of the low that humanity can produce. And I am always the tough and patient guy at work when it comes to those things. But in reality, I do care about those things and it does impact my sanity when I have to keep seeing this stuff, not being able to just not see it. It's my job (not that I signed up for that exact part of my job).
So my guess is that all of that stress just combined finally into one horrible disgusting dream.
Oh and additionally, there might be some fears mixed in about becoming a parent / planning a family...

I couldn't forget about this dream all day and now, after work, back home, it is coming back...
And if you think my description of my dream was graphic, add to that the type of person I am, and this weird fucking silence the whole time.

I swear this was worse than a good fucked up horror movie...

cheers
R.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2016, 01:54 PM
RE: Most disturbing dream ever
*hugs* I've had some pretty fucked up dreams too. Luckily, they're only dreams and we get to wake up from them.
01-12-2016, 03:32 PM
(01-12-2016 01:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  *hugs* I've had some pretty fucked up dreams too. Luckily, they're only dreams and we get to wake up from them.

It is disturbing and surprising what level of fucked up our brains can produce at times, isn't it.

01-12-2016, 03:34 PM
(01-12-2016 03:32 PM)Leela Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 01:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  *hugs* I've had some pretty fucked up dreams too. Luckily, they're only dreams and we get to wake up from them.

It is disturbing and surprising what level of fucked up our brains can produce at times, isn't it.

Yup Big Grin I hate the scary dreams that seem so real--the ones even after you wake up--you're like um, that didn't really happen did it Unsure Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
01-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Hug
I've had some very weird and scary dreams, and I've often wondered about them.
I have heard it said that when you wake from a dream with a sense of urgency, it means your unconscious mind is trying to tell you something important, and that you should try to pay attention to it,

In my case, what I find is that the dream will often be a literal expression of something that I've been thinking about in a figurative way.

If I had been dreaming your dream , this is how I might have interpreted it: (but that's just me, YMWV)

Something sick, diseased is coming from the girl's mouth, yet no one is concerned. Why is that? The other bystanders, and even her parents, don't recognize that she is being hurt or that she is ill. But you do. Why you? Could the pustules be a literal interpretation of what she is saying, especially if everything else in the dream is silent, this might be the only way for your mind to express a verbal expression, i.e. literally "she's spouting crap".
Is she having an allergic reaction? "She's overreacting"
Who do you think the child represents?

I'm no psychiatrist or dream expert by any means, but it may be something that you'd want to discuss with one, if you normally see a therapist. In the meantime, there are so many possible interpretations or questions you could ask yourself.
Good luck (and dare I say it, sweet dreams?)

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
01-12-2016, 04:26 PM
I had a dream once where I was naked in front of everyone I work with. I can remember trying to run away but I kept tripping over it.Big Grin
01-12-2016, 04:29 PM
I still have dreams of airplanes crashing. The worst one was my son and me riding one into the ground.
01-12-2016, 04:30 PM
(01-12-2016 04:10 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Hug
I've had some very weird and scary dreams, and I've often wondered about them.
I have heard it said that when you wake from a dream with a sense of urgency, it means your unconscious mind is trying to tell you something important, and that you should try to pay attention to it,

In my case, what I find is that the dream will often be a literal expression of something that I've been thinking about in a figurative way.

If I had been dreaming your dream , this is how I might have interpreted it: (but that's just me, YMWV)

Something sick, diseased is coming from the girl's mouth, yet no one is concerned. Why is that? The other bystanders, and even her parents, don't recognize that she is being hurt or that she is ill. But you do. Why you? Could the pustules be a literal interpretation of what she is saying, especially if everything else in the dream is silent, this might be the only way for your mind to express a verbal expression, i.e. literally "she's spouting crap".
Is she having an allergic reaction? "She's overreacting"
Who do you think the child represents?

I'm no psychiatrist or dream expert by any means, but it may be something that you'd want to discuss with one, if you normally see a therapist. In the meantime, there are so many possible interpretations or questions you could ask yourself.
Good luck (and dare I say it, sweet dreams?)

Thanks. I actually didn't think of it from that perspective.
I was going for the figurative speech things. Like my worries about my health, stress at work, etc.
But yes, makes sense to look at it from a symbolic perspective too I guess.

01-12-2016, 06:28 PM
I had a weird dream recently. I was in a large dark room. It was like a mortuary. In the middle was a table with my grandfathers body lying on top, covered with a white sheet. The only light in the room was above the table shining down on my grandfathers body. My grandfather slowly sat up and got off the table. He stood next to the table and just stared at me with a blank expression. I became aware that someone was standing next to me, it was my father (his son). I said to him, "look granddad's alive". At that point it dawned on me that my father was dead, he died five years ago... that's when I woke up.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
02-12-2016, 07:31 AM
I've had the worst nightmare possible.....

I dreamed I was still married..................

The horror...... the horror........................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.