Most disturbing post I've seen on my facebook in awhile

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Most disturbing post I've seen on my facebook in awhile
https://www.facebook.com/kvministries/po...2412393741

The amount of Christians in there posting "wow, amazing, awesome" etc is just plain scary.

But at least one atheist post there helped crack a small smile among all the deluded Christians thinking homosexuality is being possessed by the devil.

"Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like DrZ0idberg's post
25-10-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: Most disturbing post I've seen on my facebook in awhile
I've seen that before but it is great. It may be too subtle for the fundies though.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
25-10-2014, 04:54 PM
That story was monstrous, inhuman, immoral and a crime against human civil rights.

Anyone whom would pull any kind of moral authority from the text of the bible to condemn others based on their inborn nature should hide their face and weep at their immoral beliefs.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
25-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Quote:But at least one atheist post there helped crack a small smile among all the deluded Christians thinking homosexuality is being possessed by the devil.

Only a small smile? I just laughed my ass off. Thanks for sharing!! Big Grin

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
25-10-2014, 06:33 PM
A great example of someone's imaginary friend affecting others.

Shit like this why I'm not a "if you keep your religion to yourself we're cool" kinda person. Because they can't and won't. Religion needs to be openly confronted and criticized until its gone.
[+] 4 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
26-10-2014, 12:11 AM
religion = the largest group of hypocrites

if you believe your god is infallible then you can't pick and chosen his "words" simply because you don't like them
26-10-2014, 12:18 AM

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
26-10-2014, 03:38 AM
Even when I was a Christian, I never understood the argument from Leviticus. For the brand of Christianity that I followed, the old law was finished when Jesus died. We didn't follow anything from Leviticus anymore. If I argued against homosexuality, it was from Romans. At least there, it's not surrounded by "Don't eat shellfish."

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
26-10-2014, 11:06 AM
(26-10-2014 03:38 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Even when I was a Christian, I never understood the argument from Leviticus. For the brand of Christianity that I followed, the old law was finished when Jesus died. We didn't follow anything from Leviticus anymore. If I argued against homosexuality, it was from Romans. At least there, it's not surrounded by "Don't eat shellfish."

Yes, this exactly. The argument would come from new testament only.
The old testament wasn't important. We only studied it for the echos of prophesy that led to us being right with the catechism.

Now the Leviticus bits are very appropriate to ask a very Orthodox Jew if you could actually get one to speak with you.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

26-10-2014, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2014 02:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
That poor soul has no clue as to what "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 means. It does not mean "The God of all creation, the Savior of all humanity, The King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, loves YOU. It’s never too late to be made new… come to Him as you are, lay your life down at His feet, and He will do the rest.", you poor tortured soul.

"I just can’t help but to think about how patient the Lord was with me. He sat back and watched me deny him, doubt him, and even be filled with complete unbelief in Him, yet He still pursued me."

Your God would be arrested in Maryland for stalking.

"You cannot expect an unsaved person to understand what the Word says, understanding comes when the Spirit lives within you." - Jenna Hardy

I no longer expect the saved person to understand The Word. I don't think they are capable of it.

I'm bored so I'm gonna dick with these fools as Bob Isthebob. Big Grin

#sigh