Most hated word or phrase?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 08:37 PM
RE: Most hated word or phrase?
There are many words and phrases I dislike, possibly because I am insane.

"You know", "Like", "Um", and all other filler words
"Literally" (99% sure you aren't using it correctly)
"At the end of the day..." (irritating idiom)
"...closing doors" (referring to education choices)
"At this moment in time..." (moment refers to time)
"I personally think..." (what you think is always personal)
"again, and again, and again..." (or any repetition of a word in such a manner)
"No offense, but..." (saying this doesn't change the fact that what you say may be offensive)
"Sorry, but..." (you aren't sorry)
"To be honest..." (are you such a compulsive liar that you believe you need to declare your intent to be honest?)
"Push yourself" (yeah, because when I tried and had a mental breakdown, it was because I didn't try hard enough, and somehow "pushing" myself will eliminate mental illness)
"I could care less" (it's "couldn't", and even if you say it correctly, it's an exaggeration and typically used in an offensive manner)
"Anyway..." (often used as a rude dismissal, or as an unnecessary filler word)
"Murphy's law" (It belongs in the dump with Godwin's law and all the other stupid "laws")
"Whom" (it is archaic. Just say "who")

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Elesjei's post
06-04-2013, 08:57 PM
"please pull your pants up"
Angry Fucking tell me what to do.. Dodgy

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
06-04-2013, 09:10 PM
(06-04-2013 08:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  "please pull your pants up"
Angry Fucking tell me what to do.. Dodgy

HEY HEY YOU KIDS!! GET OFF MY LAWN AND YOU, THE BLUE ONE PULL YOUR DAMN PANTS UP. BUNCHA HIPPIES

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Blue? I'm not a smurf!

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
06-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Well, I have literally seen people use irregardless like a billion times, and um, well I think it's alright. I could care less about it really. To be honest, I don't see what all the fuss is about. You know? I personally think it's fine. At this moment in time I believe we should just learn to accept it, you know? Anyways, it's fine by me. Evil_monster

I don't like the phrase "Even a worm can turn"...it comes from ole' Billy Shakespeare's Henry V. For those unfamiliar, it means that even the most docile creature can turn on someone (or something) if it's pushed too far. I hate it because what is the worst that a worm could do if it's pushed to far? Wriggle more violently? Defecate? Come on Billy Boy, really! Maybe replace it with "Even a furry little kitten can turn" or something. I dunno, almost anything would be a better example.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
06-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Thank you sir. End of conversation. has recently started to grate on me

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-04-2013, 09:48 PM
DOM!!!!!!
"He/She is with God now" SO agree!!!!!!!
I don't want to hurt anybody, but if I've just lost the woman of my life, and her light has gone out of this universe forever, and you MOCK my grief by treating me like a child and saying, "She's with God"?

I swear on my own fucking life, I just might, uncontrollably, tear your fucking throat out with my fucking teeth. That grief will instantly transform into a blind rage I promise your friends will pray to their "god" for the rest of their deluded lives never to have to witniss again, you FILTHY piece of SHITAngryAngryCensoredEvil_monster

Wheoooooo. THAT got me worked up. Sorry!!!

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
06-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Swag annoys me. When people use words improperly really chaps my ass too. For example, when people say literally before something that is clearly not literal. "I like, literally died when I found out".

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
06-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Any word or phase that demonstrates that the poster has not been courteous enough to read earlier posts.

Drinking Beverage

06-04-2013, 11:24 PM
(06-04-2013 11:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Any word or phase that demonstrates that the poster has not been courteous enough to read earlier posts.

Drinking Beverage

How very Chas-like of you.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post