Most hated word or phrase?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: Most hated word or phrase?
(07-04-2013 09:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 09:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  I would take this seriously except you're just a teenager. Drinking Beverage

...that looks good in makeup. Tongue

No

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2013, 09:35 PM
This laptop mouse hates me. Pretend something cool is in this post till I find something cool.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
08-04-2013, 03:12 AM
(07-04-2013 09:35 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  [Image: Abe-Lincoln-Riding-a-Grizzly.jpg]

WOAH AWESOME SHIT CHEAP!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
08-04-2013, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 09:31 AM by Full Circle.)
Jesus loves me

everyone else thinks you're a fucktard

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
08-04-2013, 09:03 PM
(08-04-2013 03:12 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 09:35 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  [Image: Abe-Lincoln-Riding-a-Grizzly.jpg]

WOAH AWESOME SHIT CHEAP!

Heart

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
08-04-2013, 09:16 PM
(08-04-2013 07:31 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Jesus loves me

Fucker better start loving me harder and better, or I'm gonna sever the contract. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-04-2013, 11:37 PM
In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't read all the posts in this thread because I'd have forgotten my list. I know I'm repeating some and I know I'll probably repeat some I didn't read. Fucking deal with it, if you don't mind. Smile

A friend of mine often tells people they can't use his X, Y or Z because he doesn't want to be held reliable if they get hurt. This same friend, being an electrician, uses his reciphutater (reciprocating saw or, Sawsall) on a regular basis.

A lot of people (most often moral relativists) use the phrase, "everything is relative". To which I ask... is that an absolute, objective truth statement? My poor Dad confuses relative with relevant when reciting this truism.

Common mispronunciations/wrong words in speech and/or text....
nuculer... for nuclear
masonary... for masonry
concrik or cement... for concrete
ignorant... for stupid
are... for our
i.e.... for e.g. and vice versa
cut off... for turn off
cut on... for turn on
mental illness... for mental injury
good Christian man/woman... for someone who shares my irrational bigotries
public servant... for someone who tells you what to do and/or who to do it with and/or when to do it and/or how to do it

The obligatory... your, you're; to, too, two; there, their, they're, et al. And the obligatory "let's eat, Grandma" v. "lets eat Grandma" and other punctuation errors.

I'm from Texas and in Texas, this is a sentence:

Djeetyet?

Nodju?

Nodjet.

Yontoo?

Uhuh.

In the southern part of my current state of residence this is a conversation:

Sayvilly, dardaygo, atousandbusesinuhrow.

Nojo, demsnotbusesdemstruks, summitcowsin, summitduks.

I don't hate the above. Most are mere annoyances and some are even humorous. What I hate are euphemisms and excuses for...

Government related:
taxation or contribution... for theft
peace mission... for murdering people not on our tax farm
public sentiment... for tyranny of the majority/minority
public servant... for someone who tells you what to do, often at the point of a gun but always with the threat of violence.
incarceration... for caging human beings
arrest... for kidnapping
patriotism... for blind faith toward a land mass and/or the people on it and/or the people who rule over it
country... for a specific land mass or section of a land mass whereon a tax farm is run
immigration/emigration... for the act of moving to another tax farm

Parenting:
I/we did/are doing our best... you have to accept my/our failures even though I/we did not/do not tolerate yours
after all I've/we've done for you, a.k.a., honor thy mother and father... for you owe us/me respect even though I/we haven't earned it and have likely done you irreparable harm
if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?... for don't follow your peer group, be an individual
why can't you be more like X, Y or Z?... for follow your peer group, don't be an individual
don't embarrass me in front of X... for your wants and needs are less important than those of strangers and especially those of my peer group
this is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you... for might makes right/I don't care about your feelings or future, I only want immediate, blind obedience from you

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
09-04-2013, 02:23 AM
Based on everything below the Texas statement, you'd hate conversing with me, eljefe.

I also must admit I have never mastered the comma. I usually use them when they are required, but I throw in a few extra for good measure. I'm also guilty of occasionally writing or typing "there" when I should use "their". I know when to use each and more often than not I catch it and fix it, I just fuck up. Only very rarely, I will put "to" instead of "too", but those are almost always typos. I sometimes type things how I would say them in an informal setting, like an internet forum (for example, "dunno" vice "don't know".) I'm not always certain on when I should use 'whom', so I tend not to use it at all. I mix American and British spellings, particularly words that I don't use often and 'military words', for example, I never can remember which is the proper (American) spelling of defense/defence, (Thanks, NATO!) though spell check is currently giving me a red squiggly on the latter so I will assume the former is American. I also fuck up "paper" a lot, though I have no idea why. I've written if thousands of times, I'm sure...."papper" just comes out of me for no good reason. Speaking of which, I use ellipses wrong all the time informally. This is intentional, and pretty common, I think...

09-04-2013, 07:45 AM
(07-04-2013 09:18 AM)Luminon Wrote:  What is that? Our good old fellow PSEUDOSCIENCE. I'd never think to observe it so close up, so far away from churches.
That sounds awfully familiar. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
09-04-2013, 08:23 AM
(07-04-2013 08:53 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I don't hate the phrases, but I get a little angey with myself sometimes for not wanting to use religiously influenced language meant as profanity! "Holy SHIT" is a good one for when you witness an empty fireworks factory go up in smoke. And what about god damn it? God damn it, "goddammit" rolls off the tongue so well! I've been known to sigh out, "OhMyFuckingGod" when asked if I would like to hear about Jesus. Can't help myself sometimes....goddamnitSmile

Hahaha, I always say those things. But every one of my high school peers knows I'm an atheist so they always say "Garrett, you're atheist you're not allowed to say that" Dodgy I usually say it hoping I'll get some reactions from the bible humping Kansas citizens.

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell