Most hated word or phrase?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Re: Most hated word or phrase?
God Bless America. . .

Doesn't need much explanation. It's extra annoying because it doesn't even mean anything to those who want it used

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
09-04-2013, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 09:18 AM by Lienda Bella.)
RE: Most hated word or phrase?
Words with two Es that get repeated twice. eg. "Chee chee," "Lee lee," etc.
09-04-2013, 09:03 AM
(09-04-2013 08:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  God Bless America. . .

Doesn't need much explanation. It's extra annoying because it doesn't even mean anything to those who want it used

In the interest of fairness this isn't unique for America. Every country has historically used God's approval to justify or exemplify their ideas. God save the Queen!
I think the worst offenders are (historically) the French (or the Franks more accurately) and the Italians (I ain't gonna be more precise here, too complicated.)

09-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Oh yeah, and the whole "In God We Trust" embroidered on all our currency. I feel like a foreigner to this country whenever I read that on the currency since it holds absolutely no meaning to me. "We" trust in God? Guess I'm not a "real" American then, even though I was born here. Rolleyes

[Image: giphy.gif]
09-04-2013, 10:17 AM
(09-04-2013 02:23 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Based on everything below the Texas statement, you'd hate conversing with me, eljefe.

Nah. I can hate some of the things a person says and have an enjoyable conversation. And it would definitely be irrational of me to hate conversing with or hate the person I'm conversing with when they use any of the above mentioned euphemisms. That would be like hating my daughter in law (or hating conversations with her) for speaking with a strong Vietnamese accent. After all, she was raised speaking the language.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2013, 11:22 AM
(09-04-2013 09:57 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Oh yeah, and the whole "In God We Trust" embroidered on all our currency. I feel like a foreigner to this country whenever I read that on the currency since it holds absolutely no meaning to me. "We" trust in God? Guess I'm not a "real" American then, even though I was born here. Rolleyes

I've said something similar to this in my Government class as a joke when I had a religious debate with my teacher because the subject was currency and he brought this up and talked down on those who don't believe. He told me I wasn't an American until I accepted God into my life... Dodgy

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
09-04-2013, 04:37 PM
(09-04-2013 11:22 AM)Misenhelter Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 09:57 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Oh yeah, and the whole "In God We Trust" embroidered on all our currency. I feel like a foreigner to this country whenever I read that on the currency since it holds absolutely no meaning to me. "We" trust in God? Guess I'm not a "real" American then, even though I was born here. Rolleyes

I've said something similar to this in my Government class as a joke when I had a religious debate with my teacher because the subject was currency and he brought this up and talked down on those who don't believe. He told me I wasn't an American until I accepted God into my life... Dodgy

Did you tell him he's not a real teacher until he accepted the secular nature of the Constitution?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
09-04-2013, 06:17 PM
(09-04-2013 04:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 11:22 AM)Misenhelter Wrote:  I've said something similar to this in my Government class as a joke when I had a religious debate with my teacher because the subject was currency and he brought this up and talked down on those who don't believe. He told me I wasn't an American until I accepted God into my life... Dodgy

Did you tell him he's not a real teacher until he accepted the secular nature of the Constitution?

I wasn't as intellectual in the subject at that time, but if it was recent then I definitely would of said that. Thumbsup

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
09-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Most overreacted word in the english vocabulary is the N word, but I seem to have distaste for YOLO and crap that was used when i was at age 13-15. I hate teenagers...

[Image: 9f6.gif]
09-04-2013, 06:49 PM
(09-04-2013 06:26 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Most overreacted word in the english vocabulary is the N word, but I seem to have distaste for YOLO and crap that was used when i was at age 13-15. I hate teenagers...
Hahaha, then be sure to hate me! Tongue

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.