Most hated word or phrase?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Most hated word or phrase?
(09-04-2013 06:49 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 06:26 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Most overreacted word in the english vocabulary is the N word, but I seem to have distaste for YOLO and crap that was used when i was at age 13-15. I hate teenagers...
Hahaha, then be sure to hate me! Tongue

And myself! I enjoy the life of being a teenager, but I make smarter decisions and consider myself a lot smarter than most of my peers. Tongue Atothetheist seems like a fellow teenager I could get along with well. Big Grin

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 07:00 PM
(09-04-2013 06:26 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I hate teenagers...
Quote:Hahaha, then be sure to hate me! Tongue

What I mean is that at my school, when I was 13-15, everyone were primitive monkeys who had only purpose in life, and that was to embarrass eachother for cheap laughs. Most people pass this stage by age 16, but I still know some attention-whoring assholes who can't stop this shit. I dispise teenagers or adults with a teenage mindset who do this behavoir. If you are not like that, which I assume you are not, you are not hated.

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa..."

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
09-04-2013, 07:08 PM
"Thank you for your service."

A copy and past message for any person that enlisted into the military. Regardless of their motives, regardless of what war.

That blank dumb military patriotism only perpetuates more wars, more deaths and destruction. These are usually the same people who whole heartedly push to send people to kill or be killed, and who don't want to provide for the injured soldiers that do return.
[+] 2 users Like PoolBoyG's post
09-04-2013, 07:27 PM
(09-04-2013 06:54 PM)Misenhelter Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 06:49 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Hahaha, then be sure to hate me! Tongue

And myself! I enjoy the life of being a teenager, but I make smarter decisions and consider myself a lot smarter than most of my peers. Tongue Atothetheist seems like a fellow teenager I could get along with well. Big Grin

Yeah, you seem like a teenager I could get along with. I usually am more mature than peers around me. I am not athletic though, and I dislike professional sports. Though, besides that, we could totally get along.

I tend to gravitate towards intellect and common sense. Both of those are rare nowadays.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
09-04-2013, 07:46 PM
(09-04-2013 07:27 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 06:54 PM)Misenhelter Wrote:  And myself! I enjoy the life of being a teenager, but I make smarter decisions and consider myself a lot smarter than most of my peers. Tongue Atothetheist seems like a fellow teenager I could get along with well. Big Grin

Yeah, you seem like a teenager I could get along with. I usually am more mature than peers around me. I am not athletic though, and I dislike professional sports. Though, besides that, we could totally get along.

I tend to gravitate towards intellect and common sense. Both of those are rare nowadays.

I'm always told by teachers and adults that I'm too mature to be 17 and that I need to enjoy my senior year of high school, but I'd much rather be hard working, smart, motivated rather than being like the mainstream teens. I'm only in athletics because my parents put me in them when I was a kid, and I was always pretty good so it just stuck. But I'm one of two students graduating Summa Cum Laude in my class ( 4.0 GPA on all classes ACT-30 or above. 2 Advanced Placement Courses OR 1 AP course AND 2 Honors Courses. Exemplary on all state assessments given yearly ) And it's odd that common sense isn't all that common. Undecided

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
[+] 1 user Likes Misenhelter's post
09-04-2013, 07:55 PM
(09-04-2013 09:57 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Oh yeah, and the whole "In God We Trust" embroidered on all our currency. I feel like a foreigner to this country whenever I read that on the currency since it holds absolutely no meaning to me. "We" trust in God? Guess I'm not a "real" American then, even though I was born here. Rolleyes

Just reminded me of "so help me God" which I will never say in any court of law or for any public office.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
09-04-2013, 08:53 PM
(09-04-2013 07:00 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 06:26 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I hate teenagers...
Quote:Hahaha, then be sure to hate me! Tongue

What I mean is that at my school, when I was 13-15, everyone were primitive monkeys who had only purpose in life, and that was to embarrass eachother for cheap laughs. Most people pass this stage by age 16, but I still know some attention-whoring assholes who can't stop this shit. I dispise teenagers or adults with a teenage mindset who do this behavoir. If you are not like that, which I assume you are not, you are not hated.

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa..."

A lot of that attention seeking is the result of neglect and/or a serious lack of recognition from parents. Human beings, especially children, need approval and respect from their peers and if it isn't given, we tend to act out in order to get it.

Do you also hate Chinese women who can't run because their feet were bound as children?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2013, 08:59 PM
"The Birds and the Bees."

WHO thought of that?! In what ways does sex have anything to do with birds and/or bees? (I guess one could use the bee as an analogy because it "stings" something with it's "thing...") Otherwise, I find it very confusing. I feel like someone's kid is just going to focus on animals and insects rather than their parent's long explanation of "where babies come from."

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
11-04-2013, 07:43 PM
(09-04-2013 08:59 PM)Peanut Wrote:  "The Birds and the Bees."

WHO thought of that?! In what ways does sex have anything to do with birds and/or bees? (I guess one could use the bee as an analogy because it "stings" something with it's "thing...") Otherwise, I find it very confusing. I feel like someone's kid is just going to focus on animals and insects rather than their parent's long explanation of "where babies come from."

I've always pondered why it was called that as well.

11-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Birds & the Bees & the Flowers & the Trees. Flowers are pollinated by bees, and birds sometimes crap tree seeds. That's what I always got, but it does still seem like someone's trying to change the uncomfortable subject, ya know. "Quick, Wheels on the Bus" Wink

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post