Most religious states: Where do you fit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Most religious states: Where do you fit?
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...e-country/

I live in Oregon, according to this thingy, I live in the 7th least religious state! More reason for me to love living here. So what is your state located at? How do you feel living there?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2014, 10:55 PM
RE: Most religious states: Where do you fit?
(24-08-2014 10:49 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...e-country/

I live in Oregon, according to this thingy, I live in the 7th least religious state! More reason for me to love living here. So what is your state located at? How do you feel living there?

I live in Oregon too. Near Portland. I read a thingy that Oregon was the least religious state in the union. Whatever, it's nice to not have a church on every corner and nutty Jesus freaks everywhere. Makes the air cleaner than it already is.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
24-08-2014, 10:57 PM
(24-08-2014 10:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 10:49 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...e-country/

I live in Oregon too. Near Portland. I read a thingy that Oregon was the least religious state in the union. Whatever, it's nice to not have a church on every corner and nutty Jesus freaks everywhere. Makes the air cleaner than it already is.

I see em every once in a while, like a couple times a year a single guy or woman with a repent or the end is high sign. It is also really nice that I can be at work reading the God delusion, have someone ask me what book it is and not seem to care when I tell them.

If your ever in the Medford area, gimme a shout. Maybe we can hang or whatever.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
24-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Pfft 'Merica.

... this is my signature!
24-08-2014, 11:11 PM
#2. Thank god for Mississippi! (that's what they say here in Alabama when ranking our schools, obesity, heart disease, etc).

So how do I feel about it? Suffocated.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
24-08-2014, 11:45 PM
I'm in Texas, pretty high on the list. Quality of education and wages is quite an indicator in the order of "The List."

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
25-08-2014, 06:03 AM
How about right there at number 9 -- Oklahoma. There is practically a church on every block. I think they have started to push out Wal-Mart for being on every corner. Though, I'll had it to the small towns. Drive through some of them, they don't look like much but there will probably be about four or more churches in a town of 1000. I still love Oklahoma though, it is home. I just hope eventually people will pull their head out of their arse and get some overdue oxygen to the brain.

I tend to ask random questions, sometime stupid ones, but I can almost guarantee I'm smarter for asking than not.
[+] 1 user Likes Kemasyn's post
25-08-2014, 06:34 AM
I am in Louisiana we are 5th on the list. I am in Terrebonne parish, extreme south east of the state. The major religion here is roman catholic so it is not really in your face. In the north half of the state is it southern Baptist and can be really annoying at how much religion is in everything. I went to college at La Tech located in Ruston, Lincoln Parish. It is in the north central part of the state on I-20. It was much worse up there. The southern Baptist would preach at you on campus and all kind of other crap. It was 20 years ago, but from what I gather not much has changed.
25-08-2014, 06:44 AM
Massachusetts - 4th least religious, one of four below 50% Smile

Also, the six New England states are all in the bottom ten. Or the top ten as I see it. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Ohio is #26. I lived in Tennessee for 9 years during by preteen and teen years. It is #4.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user