Most religious states: Where do you fit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Most religious states: Where do you fit?
(25-08-2014 03:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Maryland's 65% is misleading 'cause that ain't all fundies. We have an extremely diverse religious population so that number includes not only Christians of various sects (the Seventh Day Adventist World Headquarters is within walking distance of my house, but so is a Hindu temple, a Buddhist temple, 2 UU assemblies, 2 synagogues, 1 Baptist Church and 1 Evangelical Church) but also Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, Shinto, and a shitload of others I never even heard of (Bahá'í anyone). There ain't many fundies around here 'cause there's just nobody that can be bothered to listen to them.

Take a trip up to Thurmont sometime and you can meet all the crazy backwoods fundies. But out and about in Maryland yeah we don't really have those here.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2014, 04:00 PM
(25-08-2014 03:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 03:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Maryland's 65% is misleading 'cause that ain't all fundies. We have an extremely diverse religious population so that number includes not only Christians of various sects (the Seventh Day Adventist World Headquarters is within walking distance of my house, but so is a Hindu temple, a Buddhist temple, 2 UU assemblies, 2 synagogues, 1 Baptist Church and 1 Evangelical Church) but also Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, Shinto, and a shitload of others I never even heard of (Bahá'í anyone). There ain't many fundies around here 'cause there's just nobody that can be bothered to listen to them.

Take a trip up to Thurmont sometime and you can meet all the crazy backwoods fundies. But out and about in Maryland yeah we don't really have those here.

We do have our religious internment camps but they are usually well-marked and isolated. And we've been trying to give the entire Western panhandle to West Virginia for like ever now. Either they're smarter than they look or are too embarrassed to ask "What's a Western panhandle?"

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-08-2014, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2014 07:19 PM by TheGulegon.)
(25-08-2014 07:00 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Ohio is #26. I lived in Tennessee for 9 years during by preteen and teen years. It is #4.

Born in Arkansas (where my kin are still legion) which is at #6 most religious.

I'm now in Missouri, and though 15th is up there, it feels like Misery has been shortchanged Undecided There are 5 churches in this town alone, that I know of, and I'm on the "outskirts" of Kansas City! I expect it gets even worse the further into the heart of darkness you travel Confused

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
25-08-2014, 05:47 PM
I live in hot n crazy Florida where religiosity is average, but in a extreme manner. Constant battles in the courts, a koran burning preacher, and a HUGE scientology "township " in Clearwater where a former mayor considered it "the occupation of Clearwater” and a "paramilitary operation by a terrorist group." The further north you go the more southern the state gets. But like many have said "it's home".

don't believe everything you think
25-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Does Canada count as a state?

Well, I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. According to wiki 62% or so of the people here have some sort of religious affiliation.

Almost 30% are infidels!!! That's pretty good, right? right? Big Grin
25-08-2014, 06:10 PM
(25-08-2014 05:49 PM)xieulong Wrote:  Does Canada count as a state?

Well, I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. According to wiki 62% or so of the people here have some sort of religious affiliation.

Almost 30% are infidels!!! That's pretty good, right? right? Big Grin

It would be. If it wasn't Canada. So disappoint. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-08-2014, 06:56 PM
(25-08-2014 09:49 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I live on the outskirts of Charlotte, NC which sits on the border of NC and SC. For close to 15 years I lived on the northwest side of town in NC (#8) and this summer we moved south of the city across the state line to SC (#3).

In fact, down the street from my house is the Former Heritage USA campus from the Jim & Tammy Faye Baker days. Billy Graham Library is near the airport. Loads of ginormous churches and thousands of zombie-like Christian followers. And those lovely Ebola missionary charities call this place home too.

We also have ABC stores (liquor) & strip clubs everywhere and everyone drives like they are in a NASCAR race ( we have that Hall of Fame too)

Yeah....the Carolina's were beautiful, but I could "feel" the presence of the lord in every diner we stopped at.....

don't believe everything you think
26-08-2014, 12:52 AM
Fuck you Pennsylvania, fuck you...

[Image: 2c2.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-08-2014, 05:26 AM
Oklahoma...#9 on the wrong end.