Most spontaneous idea you've acted on...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Most spontaneous idea you've acted on...
I thought this could be an interesting topic with some ad hoc humor....

So what is one of the most spontaneous ideas you've acted on? From being laid out, slain in the spirit speaking in tongues for two hours ....to killing people like Dexter (hopefully neither of these are in your arsenal).

I'll start:

Between Christmas and New Years of 2004 I decided on a whim to fly from Ohio to Seattle to meet a girl I had been talking to online for a few months. Our phone chemistry was insane, (weird I know) and we were talking several hours a day so wtf. We agreed on the phone and I literally packed a bag in 10 minutes, drove to the airport, bought a ticket and flew to Seattle. The trip didn't go so great when I got there. Reality hit her like a sledge hammer, she freaked out a little bit and ended up shipping me off to a hotel (which she paid for because she felt so bad). Apparently girls don't like it when you "look like me" and send a picture of David Beckam. Laughat jk. I spent New Years eve and day by myself in an unfamiliar city but made the best of it. Fun times. Undecided

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
11-09-2015, 03:32 PM
RE: Most spontaneous idea you've acted on...
Oh gosh. Undecided That sounds... not so great.

Hmm. I know I must have something like this to share. I mean, Rev is gonna be moving in with me soon after our nearly 2-year online relationship (and we haven't met irl before) but you can't exactly call that spontaneous, I don't suppose, given the length of the relationship.

Damn. Maybe I can think of something soon. Fun topic. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
11-09-2015, 03:34 PM
I was high on acid and stole a copy of Abbie Hoffman's Steal This Book from the public library Hobo

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Octapulse's post
11-09-2015, 03:37 PM
(11-09-2015 03:18 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I thought this could be an interesting topic with some ad hoc humor....

So what is one of the most spontaneous ideas you've acted on? From being laid out, slain in the spirit speaking in tongues for two hours ....to killing people like Dexter (hopefully neither of these are in your arsenal).

I'll start:

Between Christmas and New Years of 2004 I decided on a whim to fly from Ohio to Seattle to meet a girl I had been talking to online for a few months. Our phone chemistry was insane, (weird I know) and we were talking several hours a day so wtf. We agreed on the phone and I literally packed a bag in 10 minutes, drove to the airport, bought a ticket and flew to Seattle. The trip didn't go so great when I got there. Reality hit her like a sledge hammer, she freaked out a little bit and ended up shipping me off to a hotel (which she paid for because she felt so bad). Apparently girls don't like it when you "look like me" and send a picture of David Beckam. Laughat jk. I spent New Years eve and day by myself in an unfamiliar city but made the best of it. Fun times. Undecided

Hug She was crazy, you are a cutie--way better than David Beckham!

...And at least, you got to see Seattle if nothing else Undecided

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Not something I did, but worth telling anyway.

My brother once went out in a rural town near where we grew up which was filled with dumbass farmers and other backwards scum. One of those people grabbed my brother at the collar, pushed him against a wall, threatend him and told him that he wasnt welcome here.

My brother.... grabbed the guys ears, ripped one earlobe off and one ear half off.

There are several incidents involving my brother that are similar to these. Funny enought though, my brother almoust never got into trouble with the law because he never started any of those altercations. Needless to say, my brother has built himself the reputation of being someone you shouldnt annoy.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
11-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Hmmm, most spontaneous? Usually coming home with more animals to add to my "zoo." Wink

Other:
I went on a trip to VA to see colonial Williamsburg. Left after one day and drove to Atlantic City instead on a whim for the rest of my vacation.

I moved to CA from Massachusetts and drove cross country. Wasn't really spontaneous--but it happened kinda out of the blue and quickly due to my bf getting a job offer here.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-09-2015, 03:46 PM
I don'T do spontaneous Drinking Beverage

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
11-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Fowlerville Michigan -- 1997 (?) I went to the Easyrider's Rodeo by myself -- and ended up partying with two other guys that also came in solo. We set up a communal camp site of three tents and a fire pit. We went to town and bought half a liquor store.

Sometime later that night, one of the guys hooked up with this girl from town -- so me and the other dude decided to clear out camp and give him some room to make noise and whatnot..... We wandered about for a bit - and found that they'd left the gate open to the dirt 1/4 mile flattrack..........

So we, giggling like little kids - ran back to our camp - and got on our motorcycles --- me, a 99 Triumph Adventurer - and Mark - his rigid framed Shovelhead (Harley)....

Keep in mind, we were both drunk as lords.....

We rode through the crowd on the midway - and out onto the track --- and surprise, surprise -- nobody stopped us......

We went round the track once -- at a leisurely pace -- probably no more than 35 mph -- to check for obstructions..... Nothing..... Second round - about 50 mph -- riding side by side...... By the 5th lap - we were dragging pegs and going around 90 mph (last time I looked at the speedo) --- side by side........ We did a slowdown lap -- and were greeted by raucous cheering as we left the track...........

No shit??? We just did that and got away with it?????

More people went out onto the track --- it ended with some moron and his old lady on a dresser plowing through the fence...... (nobody (fortunately) died.)

The next year -- they had locks, barricades and security guarding the track......

Instigation is a wondrous thing..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-09-2015, 03:54 PM
I had sex in an airplane and not in the bathroom.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 12 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-09-2015, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 04:09 PM by yakherder.)
My whole damn life is spontaneous lol. Or used to be, anyway. When I went to China after leaving the Navy, I did so with about $60 in my wallet and no job, just the open date return trip ticket needed to get my tourist visa. I returned home four years later, having taught English and attended Zhejiang University, with Mandarin fluency and a future ex- wife from rural Jiangsu. And while there I did other spontaneous trips within my already spontaneous trip, like the horseback riding excursion through Mongolia I've mentioned a few times.

While in the military, both active Navy and Army National Guard, I've volunteered for pretty much every deployment opportunity that's come my way.

With my current girlfriend, though more like a roommate with kids at this point, we nonetheless had an interesting start dominated by spontaneity. When she was living in Canada and I in Las Vegas and we were talking mostly online, I told her I was not easy, and that I was dead set on my next kiss being on a mountain in Nepal lol. Other first dates, before I moved to Canada, included Disneyland, Taiwan, and a road trip from Estes Park (Colorado) to the Grand Canyon. Alas, relationships have a tendency to not go well for me once I try to implement a normal life into them.

I thrive on novelty, not so much on routine.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post