Most spontaneous idea you've acted on...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2015, 08:04 PM
RE: Most spontaneous idea you've acted on...
(11-09-2015 07:56 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 07:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Too cute!
I fucking love kids, would had a Legion of my own haha
They have right idea, adults are so goddamn serious all the time. I can't tell you how many really good suits I've destroyed giving piggy back rides and jumping in mud puddles. The world would be a great place if everyone was 10 lol

Kids are so cute! I don't know if I would have a legion--maybe one or two. Right now, I have animals which my mom refers to as her furry grandchildren. Big Grin But I love spending time with kids--so much fun to act like a kid again!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-09-2015, 08:09 PM
(11-09-2015 08:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 07:56 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I fucking love kids, would had a Legion of my own haha
They have right idea, adults are so goddamn serious all the time. I can't tell you how many really good suits I've destroyed giving piggy back rides and jumping in mud puddles. The world would be a great place if everyone was 10 lol

Kids are so cute! I don't know if I would have a legion--maybe one or two. Right now, I have animals which my mom refers to as her furry grandchildren. Big Grin But I love spending time with kids--so much fun to act like a kid again!

Oh I mean a Legion lol a thousand strong so I can train them and take over like...Denmark or something. Make it my retirement home Big Grin

My best friend has two dogs that we call "the kids". Ones small enough to fit in my shoe the other is a Great Pyrenees haha

I spoil them.

She hates that heh.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
11-09-2015, 08:14 PM
(11-09-2015 08:09 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 08:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Kids are so cute! I don't know if I would have a legion--maybe one or two. Right now, I have animals which my mom refers to as her furry grandchildren. Big Grin But I love spending time with kids--so much fun to act like a kid again!

Oh I mean a Legion lol a thousand strong so I can train them and take over like...Denmark or something. Make it my retirement home Big Grin

My best friend has two dogs that we call "the kids". Ones small enough to fit in my shoe the other is a Great Pyrenees haha

I spoil them.

She hates that heh.

I spoil my pets too. Heart

Well, if you are creating a legion to take over Denmark, I'm on board Drinking Beverage

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-09-2015, 08:28 PM
(11-09-2015 08:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 08:09 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Oh I mean a Legion lol a thousand strong so I can train them and take over like...Denmark or something. Make it my retirement home Big Grin

I spoil them.

She hates that heh.

I spoil my pets too. Heart

Well, if you are creating a legion to take over Denmark, I'm on board Drinking Beverage

Sweet! I know exactly what position you can fill in the plan! Big Grin hahaha

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
12-09-2015, 06:38 AM
I once was standing at the checkout and I brought a kit-kat chunky bar. It was right there and so I felt like living dangerously for a moment so I brought it even though I didn't plan on buying it when I first entered the store.

#thuglife
[+] 10 users Like earmuffs's post
12-09-2015, 06:53 AM
Probably planning to across the country to Virginia for a bit one highschool summer.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-09-2015, 07:51 AM
Most spontaneous idea you've acted on...
(11-09-2015 03:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 03:18 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I thought this could be an interesting topic with some ad hoc humor....

So what is one of the most spontaneous ideas you've acted on? From being laid out, slain in the spirit speaking in tongues for two hours ....to killing people like Dexter (hopefully neither of these are in your arsenal).

I'll start:

Between Christmas and New Years of 2004 I decided on a whim to fly from Ohio to Seattle to meet a girl I had been talking to online for a few months. Our phone chemistry was insane, (weird I know) and we were talking several hours a day so wtf. We agreed on the phone and I literally packed a bag in 10 minutes, drove to the airport, bought a ticket and flew to Seattle. The trip didn't go so great when I got there. Reality hit her like a sledge hammer, she freaked out a little bit and ended up shipping me off to a hotel (which she paid for because she felt so bad). Apparently girls don't like it when you "look like me" and send a picture of David Beckam. Laughat jk. I spent New Years eve and day by myself in an unfamiliar city but made the best of it. Fun times. Undecided

Hug She was crazy, you are a cutie--way better than David Beckham!

...And at least, you got to see Seattle if nothing else Undecided

Aw thx JB. Yes Seattle is one of my fave places now. I would live there in a heartbeat. Pick up today and move if not for my fam. 😀

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
12-09-2015, 07:56 AM
Way back in high school I once initiated a conversation. On a whim. I didn't even need to speak to the person.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
12-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Needing to escape awkward social obligations after a relationship fell apart I spent a Christmas thru the new year doing a solo bicycle tour of New Zealand's south island, Christchurch to Christchurch on a counter-clockwise loop down thru Wanaka then back up the coast to Hokitika and over Arthur's Pass. A century a day more or less for 8 straight days - I'm not sure I'll ever be that fit again. My kit was (in addition to the bicycle) a knapsack, a credit card and hotel reservations, to keep it from being a trudge.

It's in the top 3 of the best trips of my life.

A journey like that will spring surprises and one I was totally unprepared for was how much the New Zealand scenery would impede the daily progress. I kept stopping to take photographs. Fortunately Christmas on the south island is high Summer and I never had to ride into nightfall, although it came close a few times and I arrived in Haast too late to get a decent dinner from the motel cafe.

The credit card and hotel reservations indeed kept me light: I carried no food at all, only water in two oversize bottles, and on day one had found a way to ziptie the knapsack to the handlebars so I wouldn't have to wear it. But the method had its own hazards. The hotel reservations forced completion of each day, no matter how tired I was. And procuring food wasn't as simple as I'd thought it would be. I missed a decent supper at Haast getting there late, and the first day out had planned lunch at a town marked by a large red dot on my route map. About 30 minutes after riding past where the town was I wondered if it was a town off the main road and I'd missed it. I had to press on, and finally a couple hours later found a roadside shop, ravenous. I asked the store proprietor about the town I'd missed. Oh that's not a town, he said. There's nothing there. Why the dot on the map then? Well, it's a place, he said.

It's good thing I learned that on the first day, that dots on the map did not necessarily mean they represented civilization. Each morning after that I showed my route to the hotel proprietor and got confirmation that my planned midday meal would indeed be at the location indicated. One of the reasons the south island is so scenic is it's so rural!

For those who are interested in such things I did NOT actually ride up Arthur's Pass, I walked up it. But I did not use pitons or carabiners or rope, despite thinking at times they would be handy.

I hope I've got enough lifetime left to nudge that trip out of my top 3, but if I don't I won't be upset about it.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
12-09-2015, 08:52 AM
Just this summer:
-Purchased a plane ticket to Canada - I would have bought it for the next day if it weren't for that pesky little thing called work.
-texted my aunt the same morning I purchased my plane ticket, and left to see her with my son about 36 hours later for a trip to Amish country and Chicago
-Found a different masters program I'm interested in and started the application the same night (after years of planning, uprooting my life, and progress towards CRNA school)
-Found an apartment I liked, left to think about it and told them I'd decide in the morning, called back when I was three minutes down the road and said I'd take it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post