Most spontaneous idea you've acted on...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2015, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2015 01:12 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
RE: Most spontaneous idea you've acted on...
Making love with my gal atop a parking garage overlooking the beach at Ventura, taking requests from a crowd when we had never played the song before, improvising onstage, raising my hand for a deployment, those sorts of things.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Most spontaneous idea you've acted on...
(13-09-2015 12:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 08:54 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I would so move to Seattle!

My older sister lives there - so I've visited a time or two.... Each time I've gone there the weather has been fantastic ---- so she keeps telling me ---- IT'S NOT LIKE THIS!!!!! It's ALWAYS raining........

Judging from all the mold and fungus on everything that doesn't move - I suspect she's telling the truth....

Indeed they have their rainy season but I think that's just an excuse they use to keep everyone out! Lol Smile

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
13-09-2015, 07:06 PM
(13-09-2015 03:34 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(13-09-2015 12:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My older sister lives there - so I've visited a time or two.... Each time I've gone there the weather has been fantastic ---- so she keeps telling me ---- IT'S NOT LIKE THIS!!!!! It's ALWAYS raining........

Judging from all the mold and fungus on everything that doesn't move - I suspect she's telling the truth....

Indeed they have their rainy season but I think that's just an excuse they use to keep everyone out! Lol Smile

Last time I was there it had just passed the 100th day in a row with precipitation. It's usually just a sprinkle, though. I honestly loved the weather in Washington state. Never really hot, never really could. It's basically jacket weather most of the year. Visiting Seattle was nice, but I'd rather live outside the city limits. Too many freaking hippies Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
13-09-2015, 10:05 PM
(13-09-2015 12:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-09-2015 12:32 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  I don't think I could handle all that rain. Or the traffic.

I am one of those weird people who love the rain. And I'm used to traffic, I live in CA Big Grin
I grew up in a place where it rained all the damn time, you learned to love the rain or you blew your brains out haha. Love the smell.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
13-09-2015, 11:35 PM
(13-09-2015 10:05 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(13-09-2015 12:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I am one of those weird people who love the rain. And I'm used to traffic, I live in CA Big Grin
I grew up in a place where it rained all the damn time, you learned to love the rain or you blew your brains out haha. Love the smell.

Thunderstorms are my favorite because it's when God gets mad and is stomping around heaven slamming doors. Hobo Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
13-09-2015, 11:51 PM
In a moment of madness, inspired by Terry Bozzio with Frank Zappa, I went on stage in front of about 1000 people in nothing but my jocks. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-09-2015, 04:40 PM
(13-09-2015 09:05 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 10:42 PM)Fireball Wrote:  ... lunch at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco ... I have no recollection of what I ate for lunch ...

You had crab. The more important question is how long it took you to find a place to park the car Tongue

Probably the crab. Thumbsup I don't recall parking being a problem, but that was a really long time ago. I was back in Frisco, bar-hopping in 1974, when I was in the US Navy.
14-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Decided to play strip poker and one thing led to another........15 years later, we have 3 kids.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
14-09-2015, 04:43 PM
(13-09-2015 12:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Making love with my gal atop a parking garage overlooking the beach at Ventura, taking requests from a crowd when we had never played the song before, improvising onstage, raising my hand for a deployment, those sorts of things.

When I first read this, I got this-

"Making love with my gal atop a parking garage overlooking the beach at Ventura, taking requests from a crowd", then revisited for the comma. Big difference!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
14-09-2015, 06:23 PM
(13-09-2015 03:34 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(13-09-2015 12:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My older sister lives there - so I've visited a time or two.... Each time I've gone there the weather has been fantastic ---- so she keeps telling me ---- IT'S NOT LIKE THIS!!!!! It's ALWAYS raining........

Based on the traffic, I'd say they've failed. (To keep people out.)

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 1 user Likes daniel1948's post