Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2016, 09:44 PM
RE: (Mostly) Open call for discussion
(21-03-2016 09:27 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 09:07 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The self is an illusion
Time is an illusion

I usually attempt to avoid making image posts, but there is a physical limit to how much amused disdain I can express via alphanumeric characters. So, in the circumstances...

[Image: Rarity-With-Wings-rarity-the-unicorn-221...50-930.jpg]

Please, please do. Hell, I will personally take you up on either.
Sorry you havent peaked my interest enough for me to discuss those topics with you. There seems to be a communication barrier between us that I am unable to overcome. I will let you know if anything changes.
Find all posts by this user
21-03-2016, 10:16 PM
(21-03-2016 09:44 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Sorry you havent peaked my interest enough for me to discuss those topics with you. There seems to be a communication barrier between us that I am unable to overcome. I will let you know if anything changes.

I will admit, the no habla Ingles defense is a novel one. I'm just not so sure it's one I would advise using. It may actually appear less mature than Call_of_the_Wild's "I don't believe and you can't make me" routine.

But it's your reputation. Who am I to stop you?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
22-03-2016, 08:18 AM
(21-03-2016 10:16 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 09:44 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Sorry you havent peaked my interest enough for me to discuss those topics with you. There seems to be a communication barrier between us that I am unable to overcome. I will let you know if anything changes.

I will admit, the no habla Ingles defense is a novel one. I'm just not so sure it's one I would advise using. It may actually appear less mature than Call_of_the_Wild's "I don't believe and you can't make me" routine.

I believe the colloquial equivalent for what I'm trying to say is "fuck off" but it's just not within me to say such things absent any form of explanation.
Do you get the > . ?
22-03-2016, 08:35 AM
(21-03-2016 09:44 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 09:27 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I usually attempt to avoid making image posts, but there is a physical limit to how much amused disdain I can express via alphanumeric characters. So, in the circumstances...

[Image: Rarity-With-Wings-rarity-the-unicorn-221...50-930.jpg]

Please, please do. Hell, I will personally take you up on either.
Sorry you havent peaked my interest

Piqued my interest not peaked my interest.Facepalm

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 4 users Like god has no twitter account's post
22-03-2016, 08:50 AM
(21-03-2016 09:22 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I would be glad to accept this offer.
Sorry for hijacking one of your potential opponents by the way. I'm running out of smart people to talk to on these forums.

No, you're running out of smart people who are willing to entertain your horseshit. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like Chas's post
22-03-2016, 09:05 AM
(22-03-2016 08:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 09:22 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I would be glad to accept this offer.
Sorry for hijacking one of your potential opponents by the way. I'm running out of smart people to talk to on these forums.

No, you're running out of smart people who are willing to entertain your horseshit. Drinking Beverage
Did you automatically exclude yourself from that group when you entertained my "horeshit" with your response?
22-03-2016, 09:08 AM
(22-03-2016 08:35 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 09:44 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Sorry you havent peaked my interest

Piqued my interest not peaked my interest.Facepalm
My apologies. Thank you for the correction.
I hope the facepalming isn't something you physically do when human beings make grammatical errors in real life conversations. Given the regularity of these gramitcal errors amongst the average human being it could become a very unhealthy practice.
https://www.quora.com/Do-native-English-...or-writing
22-03-2016, 09:15 AM
(22-03-2016 08:18 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 10:16 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I will admit, the no habla Ingles defense is a novel one. I'm just not so sure it's one I would advise using. It may actually appear less mature than Call_of_the_Wild's "I don't believe and you can't make me" routine.

I believe the colloquial equivalent for what I'm trying to say is "fuck off" but it's just not within me to say such things absent any form of explanation.
Do you get the > . ?

I am perfectly aware of what you are trying to say. I simply do not care.

Bluntly, I do not post responses to your idiocy because of any delusion regarding your inclination to listen or ability to understand. I don't argue with Call_of_the_Wild because I think he'll learn anything, either. I post to entertain myself, with a side of "maybe someone else here is also entertained, or is learning something, or whatever".

Basically, I don't give a damn about whether or not you want me here. It's a public forum, and if you speak publicly, you can and will be criticized publicly. Your own unwillingness to respond to criticism is not something I am particularly concerned about.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
22-03-2016, 09:25 AM
(22-03-2016 09:15 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 08:18 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I believe the colloquial equivalent for what I'm trying to say is "fuck off" but it's just not within me to say such things absent any form of explanation.
Do you get the > . ?

I am perfectly aware of what you are trying to say. I simply do not care.

Bluntly, I do not post responses to your idiocy because of any delusion regarding your inclination to listen or ability to understand. I don't argue with Call_of_the_Wild because I think he'll learn anything, either. I post to entertain myself, with a side of "maybe someone else here is also entertained, or is learning something, or whatever".

Basically, I don't give a damn about whether or not you want me here. It's a public forum, and if you speak publicly, you can and will be criticized publicly. Your own unwillingness to respond to criticism is not something I am particularly concerned about.
Unwillingness to respond?
Oh, I get it. Today is opposite day where you are from.
Best of wishes & don't forget to have fun.
22-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Not to throw a wet blanket on this love fest, but this is the boxing ring.

So it seems there are a few offers to debate.

Reltzik, who do you choose to debate or just have a discussion with? Otherwise the thread will just be locked.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
Thread Closed