"Mother God" people on my campus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 11:54 AM
RE: "Mother God" people on my campus
That reminds me of one of the funniest parts of the movie 21 Jumpstreet about Korean Jesus:

[Image: giphy-facebook_s.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
12-08-2015, 12:01 PM
"Mother God" people on my campus
I had a similar experience! Awesome isn't it?! Smile

A bible thumper on campus handed me a bible and I said no thanks I'm an atheist. He said an atheist? I said yeah it's interesting you should look it up. And proceeded on my way.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
12-08-2015, 04:40 PM
(06-08-2015 08:03 PM)FreeThinker1994 Wrote:  Then he asked me "Do you study the Bible?" I proudly responded "No, I'm an atheist".
I would have responded, "Yes, I love studying ancient mythology! Have you read the Enuma Elish?"

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
12-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Heh, Cactus, I actually did use that on someone, back when I was in college and a fresh atheist... at the time, I was reading Enuma Elish: The Seven Tablets of Creation: Or the Babylonian and Assyrian Legends Concerning the Creation of the World and of Mankind by Leonard W. King for a History of Religion course I was taking for my History minor, my senior year of college. Still have that, somewhere.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
19-08-2015, 07:18 AM
(06-08-2015 09:38 PM)FreeThinker1994 Wrote:  Surprisingly enough, they're not Moonies. They're another group who think Jesus came back in another Korean guy. Their Jesus #2 is called Ahn-Sang Hong. Or something like that.

If you hadn't outed yourself as atheist, I would have suggested keeping as straight a face as possible, and firmly asserting "That's bullshit. Jesus came back as a Spaniard in 1734. You guys will believe anything.", and keep walking on.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post