Mother Teresa to be Canonized

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2015, 12:26 PM
RE: Mother Teresa to be Canonized
(18-12-2015 12:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 06:17 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  While I can respect some of her work,

Not at all saying this to be disrespectful, but I'd like to know -- I'm curious that way...

What work do you respect?

Because I can't think of anything she did worthy of respect.

If I could like this twice I would. Could someone else like it for me a second time?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
18-12-2015, 12:40 PM
(18-12-2015 12:26 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 12:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Not at all saying this to be disrespectful, but I'd like to know -- I'm curious that way...

What work do you respect?

Because I can't think of anything she did worthy of respect.

If I could like this twice I would. Could someone else like it for me a second time?

Sorry, I liked it on my own so I couldn't like it a second time for you. But in spirit, I was there for you. Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
18-12-2015, 01:15 PM
She made herself look to be the caregiver for the sick and dying by making sure people were sick and dying. Just like Jesus will save you from what he'll do to you if you don't follow him.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
18-12-2015, 01:16 PM
This could almost be a thread of it's own but the other maddening crap is the so called "miracle" attributed to Mother Fucking Teresa which is a total fraud. An Indian woman named Monica Besra was said to have had her cancer miraculously cured by Mother Teresa. Um no. It's a bunch of shit. Well, here, I'll just post a portion of the article from the Telegraph about Monica Besra's illness

However several groups, including her doctors, have disputed that Mrs Besra was cured by a miracle, claiming instead that her tumour disappeared as a result of medical treatment at the local hospital.
Mrs Besra has said that she visited hospital for treatment and taken prescribed medicines.
In an interview with Time magazine in 2002, Mrs Besra's husband Seiku was among those to challenge the Vatican's claim. "It is much ado about nothing. My wife was cured by the doctors and not by any miracle," he said.
Ranjan Mustafi, a doctor at the local the state-run Balurghat Hospital who treated Mrs Besra, said that the tumour had been caught at an early stage and had "responded to our treatment steadily."

The article also describes how the nuns of Calcutta totally abandoned Mrs Besra after taking her to Rome to plead the miracle case to the pope.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...-nuns.html

I really have it in for Mother Teresa. Nothing gets me hotter under the collar than this bitch. Angry Too bad there isn't a hell because she would be roasting alongside Hitler for all the pain she inflicted on her fellow human beings, that fucking asshole of a woman. She was ugly too!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
18-12-2015, 01:18 PM
(18-12-2015 01:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This could almost be a thread of it's own but the other maddening crap is the so called "miracle" attributed to Mother Fucking Teresa which is a total fraud.

Um, yes. All "miracles" are fraud.

Or delusion...

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
18-12-2015, 01:22 PM
(18-12-2015 06:17 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  From the front page of CNN:

CNN linky

Quote:Pope Francis has recognized a second miracle attributed to Mother Teresa, paving her way to sainthood.
On Thursday, he ratified a miracle attributed to her after her death, the Italian Catholic Bishops' association's official newspaper Avvenire reported.
To qualify a person for sainthood, an attributed miracle must occur after his or her death.
In this case, a Brazilian man with multiple brain tumors was healed after loved ones prayed to Mother Teresa to heal him, Avvenire reported.

While I can respect some of her work, the woman was not holy. See Hitchens if you haven't heard all that.

Also, of the two "miracles", the first was never considered unusual by medical professionals. I'm willing to bet that the second won't hold up either.

I seem to remember hearing or reading somewhere that mother Teresa had lost here faith and was unable to believe any more. Is that right? If so then they are going to make a saint out of an atheist.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
18-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Holy crap I never even looked into mother tresea. This really upset me and now I have to go research her! Thanks so much! Ha ha
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post
18-12-2015, 04:12 PM
(18-12-2015 01:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 01:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This could almost be a thread of it's own but the other maddening crap is the so called "miracle" attributed to Mother Fucking Teresa which is a total fraud.

Um, yes. All "miracles" are fraud.

Or delusion...

Well, that goes without saying. Rolleyes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
18-12-2015, 04:36 PM
I'd rather she was Howitzered.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 1 user Likes TheMrBillShow's post
18-12-2015, 04:51 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post