Mother Teresa to be Canonized

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: Mother Teresa to be Canonized
(19-12-2015 05:44 PM)cmr211 Wrote:  
(19-12-2015 03:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, technically they don't really pray to the dead person...they ask them for prayers.

Isn't asking dead people for prayers idolatry?

Hypocritical catholics.

No, it would be idolatry if they did actually pray to them as one would god.

Asking a dead person to pray for yourself or someone else is as useful as asking other living people to pray.

Don't misunderstand, praying directly to god is just as useless.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Mother Teresa to be Canonized
Mom is right. Technically, Catholics do not pray to the patron saints. Some Catholics say in conversation, "Pray to St. Etcetera for guidance," but as she said you're asking for them to have your six.

As a kid, I did ask what the difference was, praying to God versus asking Francis of Assisi for help from God. No one gave me a straight answer. When I was older, I figured it out on my own. Still sounded like semantics to me, but at least it helped me start thinking on my own.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
20-12-2015, 02:09 AM
(19-12-2015 03:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, technically they don't really pray to the dead person...they ask them for prayers.
How do you ask a dead person to pray for you?
Do you pick up the phone, write a letter, think it inside your head?

What's the difference between praying (a.k.a. thinking inside your head - asking god to do something for you) and thinking inside your head - asking a dead person to do something for you (a.k.a. asking them to pray for you)
20-12-2015, 11:04 AM
(18-12-2015 09:45 AM)jennybee Wrote:  [Image: 385411-111217-new-leak-cartoon.jpeg]

Hitchens was a much better person than mother Theresa.
20-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Nobody wants to be a good Catholic until St. Paddy's Day but they don't go to Mass like I do on St. Paddy's day therefore will never measure up. The great Mother Teresa did and by god witnessed miracles there like the rest of us. Come to Mass and see for yourself to qualify.
20-12-2015, 11:30 AM
(20-12-2015 11:17 AM)Pops Wynn Wrote:  Nobody wants to be a good Catholic until St. Paddy's Day but they don't go to Mass like I do on St. Paddy's day therefore will never measure up. The great Mother Teresa did and by god witnessed miracles there like the rest of us. Come to Mass and see for yourself to qualify.

What miracles have you witnessed? How exactly did you determine that they were miracles?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
20-12-2015, 11:31 AM
(20-12-2015 11:17 AM)Pops Wynn Wrote:  Nobody wants to be a good Catholic until St. Paddy's Day but they don't go to Mass like I do on St. Paddy's day therefore will never measure up. The great Mother Teresa did and by god witnessed miracles there like the rest of us. Come to Mass and see for yourself to qualify.

Transubstantiation?Laugh out load

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
20-12-2015, 11:46 AM

(18-12-2015 04:36 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  I'd rather she was Howitzered.

... I love your signature, however! Yes

"I never let my schooling interfere with my education."
Samuel Clemens

"The inspiration of the bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it."
Robert G. Ingersoll
20-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Your answer is in my statement. "By God" duh
20-12-2015, 12:52 PM
(20-12-2015 12:45 PM)Pops Wynn Wrote:  Your answer is in my statement. "By God" duh

"God" is not an answer, it's a way to avoid having to look for answers. It's also not something yous said in your statement. duh.

I repeat, what miracles have you witnessed? How exactly did you determine that they were miracles?

It must be something about being called "Pops"...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post