Mother jailed for 5 years....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Mother jailed for 5 years....
... For failing to prevent the murder of her baby when it was viciously attacked by her 6 ft 2 inch boyfriend.

Now, I'm sorry I can't find the story online, I just saw this on the news.

Apparently jailing a devastated mother is common enough practice that it was a casual mention after the details of the case that sent the man to prison for life were read out.

I'm sure any British forum members would have seen this on the news.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2010, 08:28 PM
RE: Mother jailed for 5 years....
I'm inclined to assume extenuating circumstances. In all likelihood, this was not the woman's first indication that the man was a risk. If so, then that indicates negligence to me.
18-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Who ever thinks that someone they love is going to batter a small child to death?

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
18-11-2010, 10:02 PM
(18-11-2010 08:42 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Who ever thinks that someone they love is going to batter a small child to death?

My mother worked for Family Services for 30 years and dealt with people who abused and, on rare occasions, killed their kids. You'd be sadly surprised at the number of people who will batter a small child to death and the number of family members that will watch them do it and say diddly-squat. You'd be sickened by the number of mothers will allow a boy friend to abuse and molest their children and won't pack up and leave.

There are some really disgusting degenerates out in the world. And, I have to confess that my first thought when I read the blurb you wrote was that this was not the first time the boyfriend abused the kid and the mother was culpable in the murder.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
19-11-2010, 02:28 AM
I drove taxi for a while and the assholes in the real world are a hell of a lot scarier than what you see in the movies, because they are real and they live among us. You know some of them without knowing how bad they really are. When you get the feeling that someone is a serious and dangerous asshole, beware, you are probably right.
19-11-2010, 07:58 PM

...So true on so many levels, i do not know what it is about the evolution of man which gives us the innate ability to since this but there have been multiple times living in a big city I will just see someone and go Oh shit time to walk the other way! XD

(19-11-2010 02:28 AM)No J. Wrote:  You know some of them without knowing how bad they really are. When you get the feeling that someone is a serious and dangerous asshole, beware, you are probably right.
Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2010, 02:08 PM

The Article: Mother jailed for not protecting children from boyfriend

The mother in this case was despicable, witnessing this and staying with the abusive asshole. What's reprehensible however is that the child batterer himself, was not arrested! And now that mom's gone, the children remain what? In his custody?
Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2010, 05:43 PM
I may be as popular at school as a ravenous Eel in the guppy pond, but the vast majority of friends I do have, for whatever reason, are female. I do my best to be a responsible, trustworthy person and display those characteristics in my daily life so I end up with a lot of my female friends confiding in me.
There are significantly more women raped than what ANYONE would want to imagine.
It horrifies me, even more so because I've been sexually abused multiple times and know the many feelings associated with it... rage, sadness, regret, guilt, self-hate, fear....

Maybe this is just the Imperialistic side of me talking, but personally I think filth like this should be burned in the street.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
20-11-2010, 06:42 PM
(20-11-2010 02:08 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  The Article: Mother jailed for not protecting children from boyfriend

The mother in this case was despicable, witnessing this and staying with the abusive asshole. What's reprehensible however is that the child batterer himself, was not arrested! And now that mom's gone, the children remain what? In his custody?

Wow thats mental...

Not the case I was talking about either. In the case I saw on the news the baby batterer got 25 years no parole.

Maybe this is part of human instinct? Because you see with lions, the lioness protects her cubs like nobodies business, but once a new males moves in and drives off the old male she'll stand by as he kills the cubs.

I think this is the same for most animals on the planet, no reason why the only thing stopping humans from doing it more often would be our sapience.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
20-11-2010, 10:47 PM
(20-11-2010 06:42 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Maybe this is part of human instinct? Because you see with lions, the lioness protects her cubs like nobodies business, but once a new males moves in and drives off the old male she'll stand by as he kills the cubs.

I saw a wild life documentary based on a pride of lions. There where two male lions in the pride. While one of lion the lions was on patrol two intruders tried to take over the pride (by taking on one at a time). The lionesses had cubs that where nearing maturity, so instead of standing by an let so much labor die, they took on one of the intruders while the male took on the other. After the cubs were old mature, another attempt was made on taking over the pride. Since the cubs where old enough not to be killed by the new males, the lionesses stood by and let the males fight it out. I guess it depends on how much work the females have to lose that will create reaction like this.