Mother's Day Brunch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Mother's Day Brunch
Ive decided to host a Mother's day brunch for my girlfriends to say thanks for being there for me. My mother in law will also be coming since her son told her about it. The event will be a week before mother's day...because we're all moms and our own families have plans.

The booze I've got covered (of course) mimosa, bloody Mary, slo gin fizzes...

Dessert will either be a layer pineapple upside down cake or my apple spice cake with bacon maple frosting. Both are my own creations. Big Grin

I'm thinking small plates of food. Maybe a frittata? Something like that...I need more ideas tho.

Any thoughts?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-03-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Mother's Day Brunch
You don't want my input unless you plan on making a Thanksgiving feast...

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-03-2014, 05:39 PM
I am still cracking up over, " My mother in law will also be coming since her son told her about it."
Uh oh someone is grounded from steak day lol.
My favorite is a hollowed watermelon filled with fruit, and sliced jalapeños seeds removed filled with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon mmm stick a tooth pick in them. Yummy.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
14-03-2014, 05:45 PM
I can never get enough of that spinach dip inside the round bread.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
14-03-2014, 06:25 PM
(14-03-2014 05:39 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I am still cracking up over, " My mother in law will also be coming since her son told her about it."

He already got his....for lunch. But yeah, I'm slightly annoyed. I'll be entertaining her two weekends in row.
Quote:My favorite is a hollowed watermelon filled with fruit, and sliced jalapeños seeds removed filled with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon mmm stick a tooth pick in them. Yummy.

Oh yeah the watermelon thing..hmm. But damn the jalapeños sound amazing. Isn't everything better with bacon?

Is this a make-ahead type of thing or a heat and serve at once?

14-03-2014, 06:26 PM
(14-03-2014 05:45 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I can never get enough of that spinach dip inside the round bread.

Oh that's a good one...

14-03-2014, 06:32 PM
(14-03-2014 06:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 05:39 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I am still cracking up over, " My mother in law will also be coming since her son told her about it."

He already got his....for lunch. But yeah, I'm slightly annoyed. I'll be entertaining her two weekends in row.
Quote:My favorite is a hollowed watermelon filled with fruit, and sliced jalapeños seeds removed filled with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon mmm stick a tooth pick in them. Yummy.

Oh yeah the watermelon thing..hmm. But damn the jalapeños sound amazing. Isn't everything better with bacon?

Is this a make-ahead type of thing or a heat and serve at once?

Umm yes everything is better with bacon. Well not ice cream. When Denny's had the bacon milkshake, that was awful. Just plain yuck!

The jalapeños are really quick to make. Just toss them in the oven right before hand. And they are super delicious!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
14-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Sweet and Sour Meatballs in slow cooker

2 lbs of Meatballs (homemade or frozen)
1 Med Jar of Grape Jelly
2 Jars of Chili Sauce
1 small can of crushed Pineapple

In a medium Saucepan combine Jelly Chili Sauce and pineapple adding enough water to fill the Jelly jar. Bring to a simmer. Add the Precooked Meatballs (if making homemade bake at 350* for 35 min or until cooked through) to slow cooker and pour sauce over top. Put on high until meatballs are heated through then turn down to lowest setting.

Serve with toothpicks.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-03-2014, 06:43 PM
(14-03-2014 06:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Sweet and Sour Meatballs in slow cooker

1 Med Jar of Grape Jelly
2 Jars of Chili Sauce

In a medium Saucepan combine Jelly Chili Sauce and pineapple adding enough water to fill the Jelly jar. Bring to a simmer. Add the Precooked Meatballs (if making homemade bake at 350* for 35 min or until cooked through) to slow cooker and pour sauce over top. Put on high until meatballs are heated through then turn down to lowest setting.

Serve with toothpicks.

Oh that sounds good...

I'm going to assume I don't really need a slow cooker for it? I don't have one.

14-03-2014, 06:55 PM
(14-03-2014 06:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 06:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Sweet and Sour Meatballs in slow cooker

1 Med Jar of Grape Jelly
2 Jars of Chili Sauce

Serve with toothpicks.

Oh that sounds good...

I'm going to assume I don't really need a slow cooker for it? I don't have one.

It makes it easier to keep warm but no you can just keep the pot on the stove on low and refill the serving vessel as needed. BTW I usually just use store bought frozen meatballs for this makes it so much easier.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense