Mother's Rampage; episode 5

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Mother's Rampage; episode 5
Today saw another day of broken chairs and a need for the glass in the front room door to be replaced again.

My mother had lost her keys and was looking for them all day. In the afternoon this conversation happened:

Me - Did you ever find those keys?
Mother - Yes, I prayed for them and they showed up.
Me - Ok.
Mother - Just another little bit of EVIDENCE you ignore to keep your faith alive.
Me - So your god gave you your keys back after a quick prayer, but he wouldn't keep our dog alive when you stayed up all night praying on your knees?

Destruction ensued.
First was the usual insults about me being a "fat, useless, sweaty, ungrateful, lazy bastard" then one of the dining chairs went flying across the kitchen before the living room door got smashed, again. Nothing else got broke, but I would assume the hinges on all the doors between the kitchen and the master bedroom need to be tightened.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2011, 09:54 PM
RE: Mother's Rampage; episode 5
That God guy sure has a wicked sense of humor.
29-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Buy yourself a good helmet, shoulder pads, all the basic ice hockey gear.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
29-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Well why did God make her lose her keys in the first place?

Does God have Munchausen Syndrome, where he messes things up so he can come in and be the hero?

-Oh look, I prayed and the child's cancer disappeared!
-Well why did God give the child cancer to begin with?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
29-01-2011, 10:32 PM
(29-01-2011 09:17 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Today saw another day of broken chairs and a need for the glass in the front room door to be replaced again.

My mother had lost her keys and was looking for them all day. In the afternoon this conversation happened:

Me - Did you ever find those keys?
Mother - Yes, I prayed for them and they showed up.
Me - Ok.
Mother - Just another little bit of EVIDENCE you ignore to keep your faith alive.
Me - So your god gave you your keys back after a quick prayer, but he wouldn't keep our dog alive when you stayed up all night praying on your knees?

Destruction ensued.
First was the usual insults about me being a "fat, useless, sweaty, ungrateful, lazy bastard" then one of the dining chairs went flying across the kitchen before the living room door got smashed, again. Nothing else got broke, but I would assume the hinges on all the doors between the kitchen and the master bedroom need to be tightened.
I feel for you man. Sorry to hear you have to live in such a hostile environment.
30-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Ok , now I understand why you have Roman armor.
Sorry to hear about your conflict with your mom - I hope it gets resolved quickly and amicably.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
30-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Lol don't worry about me.

This is normal for my family xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
30-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Two words for you:
1. move
2. out

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
30-01-2011, 08:32 AM
(30-01-2011 01:00 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Lol don't worry about me.

This is normal for my family xD

Ouch !

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
30-01-2011, 11:08 AM
I've been slapped in the face for telling someone that they didn't seem to care if their beliefs were actually true. Granted, it was after saying it a few different times in a few different conversations, but I guess they realized they didn't really have an answer to that charge. Anyway, sorry things are so crazy around your home - funny how answering people's personal nonsense with straight forward logic just causes a short circuit sometimes. Good luck to you sir.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.