If I'd be you, I'd be afraid of episode 6. Confused

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2011, 12:33 PM
RE: Mother's Rampage; episode 5
Upgrade your "Roman armor" to a "main battle tank."

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
30-01-2011, 06:26 PM

Ahh. Yes i remember those days. My mother and I were also like that, except worse (or possibly better) in that she would hit me rather than break things (better in that by that point i was already a really big guy and she stood only elbow high on me so very little damage was done).

I moved the hell out as soon as 14 years 9 months rocked up and i was able to apply for legal independence. At the time i moved in with other family members who would let me get by with cheap rent and stay in school. But once i got into uni i moved out completely on my own. Very much the best thing ever.
Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Damn. At the very least that seems like an overreaction. :/

When can you move out?

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
30-01-2011, 11:29 PM
(30-01-2011 06:26 PM)DoE Wrote:  I moved the hell out as soon as 14 years 9 months rocked up and i was able to apply for legal independence.

You can move out at 14 :o
How did you manage ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
30-01-2011, 11:42 PM
I'm kind of in a stuck situation.

I live in the countryside where I need money for transport, but I need transport to get money. And to be honest if I managed to get a job I'd spend all of the money after tax on bus fair coz I got suckish qualifications xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
31-01-2011, 12:28 AM

(30-01-2011 11:29 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  
(30-01-2011 06:26 PM)DoE Wrote:  I moved the hell out as soon as 14 years 9 months rocked up and i was able to apply for legal independence.

You can move out at 14 :o
How did you manage ?

Sure. In Australia you can hold a job, sign your own legal documents and ... actually everything but drinking and screwing once you hit 14, 9 months (heh, i've had my own medical insurance since i was 15)

Admittedly i had the advantage of cheap board with my grandmother (only a hundred a week if you can believe it. for reference in the local currency that much wont get you rent in the public market, let alone food, water and power). that, and being eligible for government support to stay in school, got me clear at a young age
Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2011, 05:23 AM
(30-01-2011 11:42 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I'm kind of in a stuck situation.

I live in the countryside where I need money for transport, but I need transport to get money. And to be honest if I managed to get a job I'd spend all of the money after tax on bus fair coz I got suckish qualifications xD
What's your field of expertise ? Is the recession still looming ?

31-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Well I got my high school art and design diploma (GCSE) is that counts as my field of expertise? xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
01-02-2011, 06:43 AM
Well what about applying your design skills to building webpages - people always need those , and you're a good graphic artist so you may find some work.