Mother's Rampage; episode 5
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2011, 06:23 AM
RE: Mother's Rampage; episode 5
Ok, take it from a different angle then. Check out all the businesses in your area and see if anyone does anything that uses art or the skills you have. Put together a portfolio and apply for a job. Use your portfolio as your resume.

Another thing to do is check out local businesses and see if you can help them with logo designs, etc. The freelance work is not a bad idea to kick things off but, again you need more if you want to be self sufficient.

What you can do is continue to look for ways to market and improve the skills you have. What you can't do is continue to create barriers for yourself with statements like "I'm education incompatible" and use that as an excuse to not even try. Well, actually, you can do that but then you have no one to blame but yourself when things don't change.

You've mentioned a few times here that you're not happy with the job opportunities you have right now. So, you have 2 simple choices: suck it up and be unhappy or take the steps you need in order to change. If it means paying for school, then pay for school. Again, you have talent, but talent is usually not enough (unless, sadly, that talent is in the world of athletics and you can play a sport professionally).

I don't mean to sound preachy here, but just pointing out that you do have choices, probably a lot more than you are acknowledging. Just something to think about.

Oh, one other thought: I suspect that not only are you not actively encouraged by your family to do something else with your life, but that they may be actively telling you that you can't do more. If that's correct then screw them. Don't listen to them. You can do more. Never stop believing that.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2011, 07:30 AM
(02-02-2011 11:04 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  But hey, that's why I joined the army xD Shame about my knee.

You were in the military ? You could become a carrier officer or is your knee that bad ? Sad

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
03-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Have you considered online school? I really have no idea if that would work for your area of interest, but it's a thought.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink