Mother sends her son to heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Mother sends her son to heaven
Murder

Quote:A Kansas woman has been charged with first-degree murder after she beat and stabbed her 10-year-old son to death believing the boy would be better off in heaven, free from future suffering.
Lindsey Blansett was charged with first-degree murder on Tuesday, Dec. 16, after allegedly killing her 10-year-old son, Caleb. Court documents state that on Sunday, December 14, Blansett unlawfully, intentionally and with premeditation killed her son.
The following is a graphic excerpt from the criminal complaint filed by Sumner County Attorney Kerwin Spencer:
“…after her son, CB, age ten, had gone to bed, she (Blansett) decided his life would be full of suffering and pain and that it would be better for him to go to heaven tonight. She took a knife and rock into his bedroom, struck him with the rock and stabbed him with the knife multiple times until he was dead.”
Bond for Blansett was set at $500,000. She’s expected to be back in court on Thursday.
Struggling to wrap his mind around what happened, Clint Blansett, Caleb’s father, said he feels robbed of his life with his son. But even during such a trying time, he says his faith is what’s getting him through:
“Caleb was an angel, he was an angel and I know without a doubt in my mind he’s sitting at the right hand of Jesus…”
And the madness continues…

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressive...z3MNTCPitB

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: Mother sends her son to heaven
I'm sarcastic, but there must be a lot of room for all these people to sit by Jesus' right hand. Facepalm

Not that I want to excuse anything, but was there something physically wrong with the kid?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-12-2014, 02:46 PM
I read about this online yesterday, it's so sad and fucked up I couldn't even comment on it.
This is a shitty time of year for me. Maybe it's just more than I care to process right now. Sad, sad, sad.
19-12-2014, 04:04 PM
One of my all time favorite clients was a lawyer who stabbed her daughter 32 times because God told her to do it. The daughter did not die and my client wound up in the state mental hospital for a few years. She was treated and seemed to be fine. They released her a few years ago and she was doing very well until she and her husband went on a camping trip in California. God told her to shoot her husband so she did and she killed him. She refused an attorney, she wanted to defend herself, and she was convicted of 1st degree murder and is doing life without parole. I am pissed at the trial judge and the jury because it was apparent, during trial, how fuckin' crazy she was. There are times when a judge should just step into a case and take it away from the jury.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
19-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Cause nothing says "Don't want my kid to experience suffering" like beating and stabbing. Totally serene and painless ways to die. Dodgy

It's kind of funny (okay, not really), though, cause bypassing all the Earth suffering is actually the logical thing to do when you think about it. Or at least it would be, if there was any indication at all that heaven actually existed, which there isn't. So I hope whoever pounded the unfounded idea it did into this chick's head is feeling like total shit right now. They probably aren't, but they should.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
19-12-2014, 04:53 PM
This just came across the newswires

Woman arrested in stabbing deaths of eight children in Australia

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morni...australia/

I’m just going to stop reading the news Shocking

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce