Motivational speakers like Suze Orman

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2015, 04:06 PM
RE: Motivational speakers like Suze Orman
When I was in college, a friend talked me to going to an event where W. Clement Stone was speaking. We sat while this guy yelled slogans at us in preacher cadences and then he had the audience stand up and yell slogans with him. I just couldn't. My friend was on his feet laughing and yelling and it seemed like the whole crowd was, and to me Stone's message had seemed a little stupid. My friend bought the book on the merch table outside and I skimmed through it; it was a whole lot of stupid.

At the time I thought the crowd was so susceptible because it was a midwestern crowd that hadn't spent time in churches. Eventually I realized that people really want to hear that they have the potential for greatness. A lot are willing to pay big $$$ to someone who can tell them so, loudly and with (apparent) feeling.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
12-12-2015, 04:15 PM

[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
12-12-2015, 04:45 PM
(12-12-2015 04:15 PM)pablo Wrote:  

Excellent video. I reminds me so much of the christian religion indoctrination crap. First they convince you how horrible and miserable you are then sell you on the cure that they just happen to have and that all you need to do is commit your money.

There's a sucker born every minute.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
12-12-2015, 07:13 PM
If you really want to get nauseous, hang around WalMart at shift change. The manager gets the employees together and starts hyping the displays at the ends of the aisles and a few other specials. Employees are expected to act all impressed and happy, clapping their hands and generally acting like idiots. And for that they get to keep their jobs

Groupthink. Ugh.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
12-12-2015, 07:19 PM
(12-12-2015 07:13 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  If you really want to get nauseous, hang around WalMart at shift change. The manager gets the employees together and starts hyping the displays at the ends of the aisles and a few other specials. Employees are expected to act all impressed and happy, clapping their hands and generally acting like idiots. And for that they get to keep their jobs

Groupthink. Ugh.

Nothing like that happened at the Walmart where I worked for 3 years, at least not to my knowledge.
12-12-2015, 08:00 PM
(12-12-2015 07:19 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 07:13 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  If you really want to get nauseous, hang around WalMart at shift change. The manager gets the employees together and starts hyping the displays at the ends of the aisles and a few other specials. Employees are expected to act all impressed and happy, clapping their hands and generally acting like idiots. And for that they get to keep their jobs

Groupthink. Ugh.

Nothing like that happened at the Walmart where I worked for 3 years, at least not to my knowledge.

Maybe that particular store manager took a course in artificial happiness. Big Grin
12-12-2015, 08:13 PM

Groupthink. Ugh.

I go into the Lowes store near me all the time. I'm an early riser, and sometimes I am in there at a little after 6 AM when the manager is doing a little cheer leading and getting the employees to sing and shit. I would never do that to an employee if I owned or operated a business; it looks pretty demeaning, and I can tell that some of the employees really don't like it. I'll bet that other stores don't have managers that expect that.
13-12-2015, 01:19 AM
[Image: motivationdemotivator.jpeg?v=1414011398]

Just saying...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post