Motorcycle Helmets and Condoms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2015, 10:03 AM
RE: Motorcycle Helmets and Condoms
Um...

No...

One bullet, two bullets -- it's exactly as dangerous.

It's simply the number of times it goes "bang" decreases....

But it's still ABSOLUTELY as capable of killing your ass.

Perhaps you've never had a friend or family killed on a bike. I have. I've NEVER seen a helmet make a bit of difference.

Can it???

Sure -- in a slim number of cases --- in my opinion.

Ponder this ----

If I'm killed on a motorcycle --- my insurance company has to pay out $20,000 in death benefits.... If I'm maimed - they could be on the hook for life - and pay out millions....

I wonder why the insurance companies promote helmet use?????

Hmmmmmmmm

Nawwwwww... THey ALWAYS do what's best for the customer.....

They don't care about the money.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2015, 11:16 AM
(16-04-2015 10:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ponder this ----

If I'm killed on a motorcycle --- my insurance company has to pay out $20,000 in death benefits.... If I'm maimed - they could be on the hook for life - and pay out millions....

Hmmmmmmmm

Because being killed or maimed are both less likely if you wear a helmet...

Sounds like you're saying insurance companies recommend helmets because you're more likely to be killed... This seems ludicrous, where is the data for that claim?

While those wearing helmets may still be subjected to maiming, they are significantly less likely to suffer permanent brain damage. The rest of it will be the broken bones and soft tissue damage,scarring that is often resolved through rehab. The same damages will be taken by those not wearing a helmet, except they are more likely to take permanent brain injuries as well.

Whether you like it or not, helmets save lives, and reduce the frequency of permanent brain injuries. You keep saying biking is dangerous and a helmet won't matter... Bullshit. Try running into a brick wall head first and tell me whether a helmet makes it safer. If anything, those of us on the pro helmet side of things have been spared the brain damage from repeatedly driving our arguments into you, oh dense one.
16-04-2015, 01:12 PM
(16-04-2015 11:16 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(16-04-2015 10:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ponder this ----

Hmmmmmmmm

Because being killed or maimed are both less likely if you wear a helmet...

Sounds like you're saying insurance companies recommend helmets because you're more likely to be killed... This seems ludicrous, where is the data for that claim?

While those wearing helmets may still be subjected to maiming, they are significantly less likely to suffer permanent brain damage. The rest of it will be the broken bones and soft tissue damage,scarring that is often resolved through rehab. The same damages will be taken by those not wearing a helmet, except they are more likely to take permanent brain injuries as well.

Whether you like it or not, helmets save lives, and reduce the frequency of permanent brain injuries. You keep saying biking is dangerous and a helmet won't matter... Bullshit. Try running into a brick wall head first and tell me whether a helmet makes it safer. If anything, those of us on the pro helmet side of things have been spared the brain damage from repeatedly driving our arguments into you, oh dense one.

Brain damage eh???

Never hit my head....

And -- let's make a guess here.......

I'm going to go out on a limb - and guess what kinda bike you have.....

First -- when you ride -- do you resemble a monkey humping a football???

That is -- you ride a crotch rocket????

I'm betting it's got a FABULOUS hp/weight ratio.........

Good guess???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-04-2015, 01:27 PM
(16-04-2015 10:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If I'm killed on a motorcycle --- my insurance company has to pay out $20,000 in death benefits.... If I'm maimed - they could be on the hook for life - and pay out millions....

Hmmmmmmmm

You've gone full potato with this one dude. Christ.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-04-2015, 01:30 PM
(16-04-2015 01:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-04-2015 11:16 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Because being killed or maimed are both less likely if you wear a helmet...

Brain damage eh???

Never hit my head....

And -- let's make a guess here.......

I'm going to go out on a limb - and guess what kinda bike you have.....

First -- when you ride -- do you resemble a monkey humping a football???

That is -- you ride a crotch rocket????

I'm betting it's got a FABULOUS hp/weight ratio.........

Good guess???

No... I already said what kind of bike I have. It's a standard... I sit relatively upright. 4 banger with smooth power band, and moderate weight.
16-04-2015, 01:42 PM
OK... missed that...

Yamaha FZ8????

474 lbs

104.7 horsepower????

Son -- that's a higher horsepower to weight ratio than anything FERRARI makes.....

Don't EVEN try to tell me you "Ride sanely"....

That thing will outrun an F-18 on a runway.....

16-04-2015, 01:50 PM
(14-04-2015 11:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's frequently occurred to me that there are several parallels between helmets and condoms.

If properly used, they protect the user.

They should be up to the user to use.

It's none of the state's business if you're using one.

Here in Michigan we finally got the adult helmet law repealed. I prefer to ride without.... (yes, that's a double entendre..)

Furthermore -- If a state wants to have a mandatory helmet law - they should have a mandatory condom law.

Enforcement might be a bit of a sticky problem....
I am happy for you to take that risk.

However I would also add a condition.
If you damage your brain and require medical treatment then a bill should be sent to you rather than the tax payers forking out for the cost of your treatment.

I would also be happy for any medical insurance company to include an out clause in their insurance coverage for people who don't use helmets or seat belts.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
16-04-2015, 01:59 PM
(16-04-2015 01:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(14-04-2015 11:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's frequently occurred to me that there are several parallels between helmets and condoms.

If properly used, they protect the user.

They should be up to the user to use.

It's none of the state's business if you're using one.

Here in Michigan we finally got the adult helmet law repealed. I prefer to ride without.... (yes, that's a double entendre..)

Furthermore -- If a state wants to have a mandatory helmet law - they should have a mandatory condom law.

Enforcement might be a bit of a sticky problem....
I am happy for you to take that risk.

However I would also add a condition.
If you damage your brain and require medical treatment then a bill should be sent to you rather than the tax payers forking out for the cost of your treatment.

I would also be happy for any medical insurance company to include an out clause in their insurance coverage for people who don't use helmets or seat belts.

And if the helmet strap breaks my neck - and paralyzes me for life (know a guy, that exactly happened to) -- we'll send the bill to YOU???

16-04-2015, 02:03 PM
(16-04-2015 01:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yamaha FZ8????

474 lbs

104.7 horsepower????

Son -- that's a higher horsepower to weight ratio than anything FERRARI makes.....

That isn't even close to being true. Add 180lbs rider on that and it's even further.

A GT500 plus driver is about 6.08lbs per hp
The FZ8 plus driver is about 6.11lbs per hp

So there you have it... A bit shy of Ferrari and super car territory I'd say.

Then again, I'm just pointing out that you were factually wrong. Your argument itself had no bearing on the topic either way.
16-04-2015, 02:03 PM
Apparently 10% chance of death == 20% chance of death.

I am not overly concerned about a stranger risking his/her life by choosing to ride in a more dangerous (higher risk of injury) way. But I agree that personal responsibility in the case of injury should be required. However, I do feel that the law should be followed. So if it says to wear a helmet, wear one, or be fined. Similar to Seatbelts. You aren't special, follow the damn rules.

If no such law is in place, meh try not to cause other people trouble.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post