Motorcycles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2013, 01:42 PM
RE: Motorcycles
(31-03-2013 01:29 PM)kim Wrote:  I want a Moto Guzzi cafe racer. I'd prefer an older La Mans ...
[Image: moto-guzzi-racer-2.jpg]
... but I have no objection to the newer V7 Scramblers, either.
[Image: 5405559751_7e32566523_o.jpg]
Wink

Moto Guzzi should be the name of a Butthole Surfers song. Or maybe The Presidents of the United States of America. Regardless... it always reminds me of 90s alternative rock when I hear that name.

Fast bikes though...

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
31-03-2013, 03:18 PM
(31-03-2013 01:42 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Moto Guzzi should be the name of a Butthole Surfers song. Or maybe The Presidents of the United States of America. Regardless... it always reminds me of 90s alternative rock when I hear that name.

Fast bikes though...

It is a cool name - so Italian! Tongue
I think I first became entranced with their unique engine design and then the no nonsense body style. They are quite precision and as slick as they come.

I used to like Ducati but I think they go overboard trying to beef it all up and sacrifice a lot in doing so. Even their Streetfighter 848 - which I like, isn't nearly as stripped down as their Monster; I think they miss their own point.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
31-03-2013, 04:08 PM
(31-03-2013 03:18 PM)kim Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 01:42 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Moto Guzzi should be the name of a Butthole Surfers song. Or maybe The Presidents of the United States of America. Regardless... it always reminds me of 90s alternative rock when I hear that name.

Fast bikes though...

It is a cool name - so Italian! Tongue
I think I first became entranced with their unique engine design and then the no nonsense body style. They are quite precision and as slick as they come.

I used to like Ducati but I think they go overboard trying to beef it all up and sacrifice a lot in doing so. Even their Streetfighter 848 - which I like, isn't nearly as stripped down as their Monster; I think they miss their own point.

All good bikes indeed but I remain convinced that on balance, the Japanese have consistently engineered the best bikes on the road. My preference is Honda and I have a Honda bike, two Honda mowers and a pressure washer with a Honda engine. Hard to beat.

My '85 Shadow 1100 will still outrun just about everything on the road in its class. The only downside to it is that they only made that bike for two years and since it was the first big v-twin they made, not many were sold so, parts are virtually non existent. And nobody makes aftermarket shit for it.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
31-03-2013, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2013 07:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(31-03-2013 12:19 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I don't know that I'd be as much of an enthusiast if I couldn't/didn't do my own work. For me, that's as much fun as riding. And frankly, a hell of a lot safer. Tongue

More of my bike:

That is a motherfucking bitching bike. I'm looking to get back on the road with a sidecar, if ManlyGirl'll go for it. A motorcycle with a sidecar will register as a car in the eyes of the oblivious stupid car drivers. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
31-03-2013, 07:59 PM
(31-03-2013 07:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 12:19 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I don't know that I'd be as much of an enthusiast if I couldn't/didn't do my own work. For me, that's as much fun as riding. And frankly, a hell of a lot safer. Tongue

More of my bike:

That is a motherfucking bitching bike. I'm looking to get back on the road with a sidecar, if ManlyGirl'll go for it. A motorcycle with a sidecar will register as a car in the eyes of the oblivious stupid car drivers. Thumbsup

Thanks a lot. Side cars are one option but there are also some pretty damn nice trikes out there. Some of the Gold Wing trikes have heaters, intercom, stereos.... like riding in a Cadillac with three wheels and wind.

[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
31-03-2013, 08:19 PM
(31-03-2013 07:59 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 07:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That is a motherfucking bitching bike. I'm looking to get back on the road with a sidecar, if ManlyGirl'll go for it. A motorcycle with a sidecar will register as a car in the eyes of the oblivious stupid car drivers. Thumbsup

Thanks a lot. Side cars are one option but there are also some pretty damn nice trikes out there. Some of the Gold Wing trikes have heaters, intercom, stereos.... like riding in a Cadillac with three wheels and wind.

Trikes'll work too. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
31-03-2013, 08:31 PM
(31-03-2013 08:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 07:59 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Thanks a lot. Side cars are one option but there are also some pretty damn nice trikes out there. Some of the Gold Wing trikes have heaters, intercom, stereos.... like riding in a Cadillac with three wheels and wind.

Trikes'll work too. Thumbsup

This one's got your name on it:

[Image: 101247n_27.jpeg]

31-03-2013, 09:36 PM
(31-03-2013 07:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

More of my bike:

I hear those can be dangerous. Like I mean if you've ridden bikes for ages and then just one day you put on a side cart because they handle differently (you don't lean around corners and actually have to move the handlebars) you can have an accident on your very first corner.

You hear stories of people doing that, putting a sidecart on their bike, going for a short ride around the block and never returning home because they hit a pole or something because they didn't make it around the corner.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
31-03-2013, 09:38 PM
(31-03-2013 09:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 07:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That is a motherfucking bitching bike. I'm looking to get back on the road with a sidecar, if ManlyGirl'll go for it. A motorcycle with a sidecar will register as a car in the eyes of the oblivious stupid car drivers. Thumbsup

I hear those can be dangerous. Like I mean if you've ridden bikes for ages and then just one day you put on a side cart because they handle differently (you don't lean around corners and actually have to move the handlebars) you can have an accident on your very first corner.

You hear stories of people doing that, putting a sidecart on their bike, going for a short ride around the block and never returning home because they hit a pole or something because they didn't make it around the corner.

That's true. They handle a lot differently than a trike, even. Personally, I'd go with a trike before a side car.

31-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Gotta say, not a trike fan.

Wont stop me from posting some pics though:

[Image: Porsche-911-Trike-Troubled-Waters-by-Pho...80x960.jpg]

[Image: Trike.14.arp.jpg]

I found a pic of this one with some girl in a bikini in the way of the beauty, luckily I found one without her though. Hate it when they do that.
[Image: PhotoID29599.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post