Motorcycles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2013, 04:33 AM
RE: Motorcycles
You wanna hear bs licensing?

You go to a place where you ride around some cones on a 125cc.. They give you a certificate which you then take to the licensing place. You then do the car theory test (which is just on road rules so it does apply) and if you pass you get your 'learners'.
This restricts you to 6am-10pm and no bigger bike then 250cc. And you have to ride with an L plate on the back. And no passengers.
After a year (or 6months if you do a defensive driving course) you can sit the practical where some douche (actually nice guy, the licensing place was next to the gas station I worked, all in the same complex actually, so I knew him) follows you around the town.
Pass that and you get your restricted (which I am on now and have been for like 2-3years...). This has the same restrictions as a learners license except you can take the L plate off.
Then, after 18months you sit a final theory and then practical (which is twice as long as the restricted practical) and if you pass both of those you finally get your full which has no restrictions.
*deep breath*

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2013, 09:28 AM
(28-04-2013 01:34 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Yeah, well the licensing is a joke.

You write a test and you've got an M1. Cant ride highways, or at night.

Three days after getting my M1, I attended a 2 day course. Got some hours on a 250, in a parking lot (rather large lot, but still). It was my first time on a bike. And got a stamped envelope to take to the drive test center. I still had to wait 55 days to get my M2, but taking that envelope in got me the M2. Ride anywhere, any time.

Then I waited all winter, hopefully not forgetting the few things I learned in the ridiculously small amount of experience I had with a bike. Now I'm going to do my best trying not to get killed.

I'll tell you what though... With speed limits and racing laws, it won't be the bike that gets me. Speed a little, get a ticket. Speed a lot, lose the bike, license, and get a $5000 fine. Burnouts and even engine revving fall under the Ontario racing laws. But hey, I don't drive like a maniac, so we're good there. And because I don't drive like a fool, I'll be going the same speed on my 800, as I would be on a 250, only with more stability.

And which bike I'm riding when I get run off the road, or have an idiot take a left as I'm coming through the intersection.. well, that won't matter at all.

Well said. In the cruiser world, where us old men hang out, an 800 is a beginner's bike. Of course, there's a lot more weight to pull just in the bike itself... not to mention some of the riders. Tongue Plus, a v-twin cruiser engine doesn't develop near the rpm a crotch rocket engine turns, so an 800 on a cruiser is usually in the 48-55 HP range.

Regardless, high hp/torque bikes can get a new rider in trouble on take off and in wet weather, as it takes a while to get used to how much throttle is too much in those conditions but otherwise, there's little difference between riding a small bike or a large one.

I like to have more power simply so I can get from zero to whatever the speed limit is in as little time as possible. After that, I'm fine because hitting anything at 100+ mph is a death sentence. Ohmy

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Sometimes you need the power though.
Trust me, as someone who rides a 250...

Nothing worst then passing a car that's going just a little bit too slow, but still somewhat the speed limit and only inching past them and running out of passing lane real fast...
What fucks me off is the douche bags who speed up when someone's passing them... Talk about dangerous, if someone wants to pass you it's always best to just let them pass then turn it in a dick measuring contest...

28-04-2013, 10:37 AM
(28-04-2013 10:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Sometimes you need the power though.
Trust me, as someone who rides a 250...

Nothing worst then passing a car that's going just a little bit too slow, but still somewhat the speed limit and only inching past them and running out of passing lane real fast...
What fucks me off is the douche bags who speed up when someone's passing them... Talk about dangerous, if someone wants to pass you it's always best to just let them pass then turn it in a dick measuring contest...

I concur.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
28-04-2013, 03:12 PM
(27-04-2013 05:06 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Its such a beautiful day here... just took her out for the first ride, and I'm in love!

[Image: puDO2Z9.jpg]

Yeah, that looks like death. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
29-04-2013, 09:16 AM
(28-04-2013 03:12 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(27-04-2013 05:06 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Its such a beautiful day here... just took her out for the first ride, and I'm in love!

[Image: puDO2Z9.jpg]

Yeah, that looks like death. Angel

Incorrect.
Death looks like this:

[Image: DSC_0422.jpg]

30-04-2013, 11:14 AM
[Image: h5AE2EB72]

Contribute to the Community Resource!
30-04-2013, 11:30 AM
(30-04-2013 11:14 AM)Near Wrote:  [Image: h5AE2EB72]

troll?

17-06-2013, 01:24 PM
It's my birthday this Friday, so if you'll want to pool your money together an get me something I have compiled a list of possible gifts to get me. Now, I'm not a greedy person, so only one or two of these will do.

[Image: Sports-Bike-Wallpapers-4.jpg]

[Image: 800px-MV_Agusta_F4_1078_RR312.jpg]

[Image: panigale_14.jpg]

[Image: 2011_triumph_daytona_675R_02.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post