[Image: S3PNR.jpg]

In action:

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2012, 12:55 AM
RE: Motorcyclists, ahoy!
Nice!

I have a little yellow Daytona 675 (sorry, no photos on the work computer)

Wifey has a Ducati M900 Monster she’s having painted and the girl is restoring and customising a Gilera DNA 180 scooter but looking at a Kwaka 636.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
28-04-2012, 03:00 AM

Suzuki C800. I've changed the pipes, air filter, seat, risers, panniers, air horns and sissy bar since this video so it actually doesn't look much like this.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
28-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Very cool! Evil_monster Nice E46 M3 as well, you should post some pics of that too Thumbsup

I rode in Canada but I don't have a bike here (Netherlands). Getting my Dutch license soon though, cannot wait!
28-04-2012, 12:31 PM
I used to sail on one of these
[Image: ZZR1100%2092.jpg]

Those where the days...Thumbsup

Alas, time has changed. It sits in my shed for more the 10 years now. I need to do something about that.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
28-04-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm almost 21 and still don't have my car drivers license.
Why would I need it anyway when I have my bike license.

Here's my baby. (well a google image of it anyway, but same thing.)

2011, Ninja 250r. White.

[Image: EX250KBF_2.jpg]

But I really want is a Triumph Daytona 675. Hands down the sexiest bike in the world.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
28-04-2012, 11:30 PM
[Image: t1000.gif]

Say...........Those are nice bikes.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
28-04-2012, 11:37 PM
(28-04-2012 08:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  But I really want is a Triumph Daytona 675. Hands down the sexiest bike in the world.
Agreed. I'm considering getting one myself. Just don't think it'd be a great bike as an only bike where I live, since 90% of the riding is straight (Texas...) As a second bike or track bike though, I'm still considering it, but insurance is a bitch on top of paying $6-7k for a good used D675.

That or selling the S3 and going haywire to buy this:

[Image: 16-ducati-1199-panigale-628.jpg]

Evil_monster

29-04-2012, 12:16 AM
It would depend on the length you ride I suppose? and how often?

I ride 6 550km trips a year and on my 250 my ass goes numb after 150kms or so. Not comfortable to ride over long distances at all, BUT I ride it a lot more, every day in fact, around the city which make sit worth while.
Bit hard to lane split on a big Harley or something.
And I can't imagine the Triumph or that very nice Ducati being much better.

Also we don't have high insurance but we have really high registration (paid once a year), like twice/three times the price of a car. They claim it's because we crash more and cost the government a ton of health costs. ('free' health care here). Which is a load of crap because why do you think we crash? because ass hole car drivers don't look and pull out in front of us. But whatever that's a discussion for another day.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
29-04-2012, 12:24 AM
(29-04-2012 12:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It would depend on the length you ride I suppose? and how often?

I ride 6 550km trips a year and on my 250 my ass goes numb after 150kms or so. Not comfortable to ride over long distances at all, BUT I ride it a lot more, every day in fact, around the city which make sit worth while.
Bit hard to lane split on a big Harley or something.
And I can't imagine the Triumph or that very nice Ducati being much better.

Also we don't have high insurance but we have really high registration (paid once a year), like twice/three times the price of a car. They claim it's because we crash more and cost the government a ton of health costs. ('free' health care here). Which is a load of crap because why do you think we crash? because ass hole car drivers don't look and pull out in front of us. But whatever that's a discussion for another day.
I ride every weekend and to work when I can Smile I've done 800km/500mi in a day and it was quite tough... would be far worse on a sportbike like the 675 or 1199, but the S3 is a quite straight up & down riding position, lower rearsets than a sportbike, so it's more comfortable. But still, I can only go 2-3 hours before I start wanting to take a break. I ride about 250-300mi every sunny weekend. The reason I'm hesitant is because all the roads are straight - sport bikes are much more fun with curvy roads. S3 is a good balance between a touring bike that's great for straights & crap for curves, relatively and a sportbike that's great for curves, but crap for comfort.