Mourdock: God At Work When Rape Leads To Pregnancy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2012, 01:54 PM
RE: Mourdock: God At Work When Rape Leads To Pregnancy
(24-10-2012 10:47 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 02:29 PM)Troll Wrote:  Perhaps god is a rapist too.

If he exists then he definately is. What does the bible say about mary again? Oh yeah, poof you're pregnant.

So that explains why rape is a gift then. It's miraculous. Angel

And yet another interesting topic I am not interested in.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Let's be honest here.

Nowhere in the bible does it say that Mary was raped. Not in the physical sense. In fact, it was a common occurrence in that part of the world for virginity to be physically confirmed and for adulterers to be punished harshly. Joseph knew he married a virgin because he checked, before the wedding (though he may have checked by proxy). When she turned up pregnant, it's extremely likely that she vehemently denied ever cheating on Joseph. It's likely that he didn't believe her (who believes a pregnant woman when she says she didn't have sex?). It's therefore very likely that she proved it, the old fashioned way.

The mere fact that "everyone" believed, at the time, that this was a virgin pregnancy/birth means that it was confirmed and indisputable - remember they weren't Christians yet because Christ hadn't been born yet. Mary wasn't a saint, she wasn't the mother of Jesus, she wasn't anything special so there is no reason that anyone would take her claim at face value. Not Joseph, not their family or friends or neighbors. Nobody would have believed her unless she could PROVE her virginity - and it's an easy test that takes 15 seconds to perform. It's also a test that was well known and widely practiced then and there (though usually to confirm virginity before a wedding).

Sure, that's speculation. Heck, I don't believe those people existed. But that's probably how it would have gone down.

So, if she claimed to be a virgin and then the village checked her out to test her claim and she was found to NOT be virginal, she certainly would not have been anyone special and neither would her son - she would just be some cheating whore who gave birth to a child conceived outside of wedlock - that would not have been Messiah-worthy.

Ergo, it's a pretty safe bet that God knocked her up in some magical way that didn't involve deflowering her virginity. Presto, you're pregnant!

QED

Now, I might still call that rape, at least metaphorically. It's certainly an unwanted pregnancy and her body and rights were clearly violated. But it wasn't a physical rape.

(disclaimer - since all this stuff is made up BS in a book of fairy tales, it's all moot anyway, but that is a separate issue from the point of this thread).

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
25-10-2012, 06:46 PM
God rapes Mary
God gives children cancer
Makes people mentally retarded
Uses natural disasters to kill people in mass.

What a fucking asshole!

Where do I sigh up to worship this thing?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
25-10-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't know why anyone would get excited about this... I mean its right there in the republican platform....he was just dumb enough to say it.

If you want to get elected as a Republican, then you need to learn the STFU and just blame and criticize the democrats.
You can also regurgitate rehashed tried and true statements over and over as well, but whatever the fuck you do, you don't actually talk about the true Republican platform.
06-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Yay. The idiot was defeated in the election today.
I wonder if he thinks THAT'S the will of Jeebus ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-11-2012, 09:22 PM
(06-11-2012 08:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yay. The idiot was defeated in the election today.
I wonder if he thinks THAT'S the will of Jeebus ?
So was the fuckhead Akin. Praise Jeebus!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-11-2012, 09:28 PM
If someone – anyone! – has the chutzpah to say that in my presence I'll deck him!
07-11-2012, 12:44 PM
This has to be the result of Private Christian School education!
This child WAS left behind. AND the voters were smart enough to keep him from holding office.
So, in this election cycle we have heard the VIRTUES of Filing for Bankruptcy (mitt) and how Holy the institution of Rape is.
GOP has finally defined for us what Traditional Marrages look like. They are honest to goodness Old Testament "Want a wife, pick out a cutie and RAPE her".