Mouse In The House!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Mouse In The House!
We have an older house, with a dirt bottom crawl space just off of our basement, accessible through this eye-level window/door thing. Every now and then a mouse somehow gets in there.

We have a live trap in there, because I don't really like to kill anything. When it catches a mouse, the mouse cries for its freedom, and my wife goes ballistic.

She is deathly afraid of mice, and so is my daughter.

Anyone here have a mouse phobia?

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 07:43 AM
RE: Mouse In The House!
Not a mouse phobia. Been bitten by one of the little mites when I was younger. Hurt like the dickens!

Have also used the 'live trap' type of catchers.
Now-days... just use poison coated in peanut butter...
10-08-2015, 07:50 AM
If you catch it, don't just dump it back outside. It will be back inside before that minute is finished. Bring it to a rival neighborhood and dump it in someone's backyard there.

'Murican Canadian
10-08-2015, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 08:37 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-08-2015 07:27 AM)Free Wrote:  We have an older house, with a dirt bottom crawl space just off of our basement, accessible through this eye-level window/door thing. Every now and then a mouse somehow gets in there.

We have a live trap in there, because I don't really like to kill anything. When it catches a mouse, the mouse cries for its freedom, and my wife goes ballistic.

We had a mouse once when our house still belonged to my granny. Somehow it had a way of getting from the main floor up to the guest bathroom. Scared the crap out of people, but just because they startle you when they move fast.

One evening we were eating popcorn, watching TV in the den, and my brother looked down, and there it was, sitting by his foot, eating a piece he had dropped.
Nibble, nibble nibble. Brazen little thing. Sad It just found it's way out.

If you know there's only one, I would just let it be.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-08-2015, 08:27 AM
(10-08-2015 08:02 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 07:27 AM)Free Wrote:  We have an older house, with a dirt bottom crawl space just off of our basement, accessible through this eye-level window/door thing. Every now and then a mouse somehow gets in there.

We had a mouse once when our house still belonged to my granny. Somehow it had a way of getting from the main floor up to the guest bathroom. Scared the crap out of people, but just because they startle you when they move fast.

On evening we were eating popcorn, watching TV in the den, and my brother looked down, and there it was, sitting by his foot, eating a piece he had dropped.
Nibble, nibble nibble. Brazen little thing. Sad It just found it's way out.

If you know there's only one, I would just let it be.

I have no fear of mice, but there's not a snowballs chance in hell that my wife and daughter will allow a mouse in the house.

If i don't get rid of the mouse, and fast, I am in the dog house.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
10-08-2015, 08:39 AM
There must be a non-lethal way to trap it and release it. Call your University Extension division or Humane Society.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-08-2015, 08:39 AM
Get a cat
(but don't feed it tooooo much)

a terrier breed of dog may work too, but that may pose it's own unintended problems (i.e. digging)

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 2 users Like Reducetarian's post
10-08-2015, 09:06 AM
My two cats used to catch them and play with them, bat them around until slow death took them to mouse heaven. I haven't seen a mouse in the house in probably 12, maybe 14 years.

I think they're cute. A baby field mouse is about the cutest thing ever.

[Image: 08.png]

Rats though, kill them! Stomp on them, poison them. Ick.

(Lol. Mouse heaven. Pffft. I'm just kidding about the mouse heaven thing. Tongue)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-08-2015, 09:12 AM
There is never only ONE mouse.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
10-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Acquisition of a cat solved our mouse problem. Our cat has never caught a mouse, but since we got him the mouse that used to winter in the house have gone elsewhere.