Mouse In The House!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2015, 09:32 AM
RE: Mouse In The House!
Cats work as long as you there aren't bowls of cat food lying around, which can backfire.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
10-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Mice are cute. I had a mouse in my apartment in the city a few years back. I set a humane trap and released him.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-08-2015, 12:00 PM
My cat used to slaughter mice. Because of this they don't roam anymore.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-08-2015, 12:04 PM
Had a mouse in an old place back when I lived in SoCal. I didn't like the idea of mouseturds scattered around my house, so I laid out traps. Either the one in the crawl space got him, or one of the neighborhood cats, but either way, he stopped visiting.
10-08-2015, 01:36 PM
This reminds me of a 12 year long thread that's been going on over on GardenWeb all about ground squirrels. I guess they're a major pestilence in the midwest. They dig under the house and cause problems with the foundation.

This thread had everyone in the Bill Murray, Caddyshack mode. It's quite funny.

Actually, I just checked and it looks like the ground squirrel thread is still being discussed. It started in 2001. Must be some sort of record.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/235...-squirrels

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Our rat terrier mix is good at keeping the yard free from rodents but not so much the inside. The cat seems to have made them decide to live elsewhere. I have never seen evidence that he has caught one...I think the word just got out that he's here so they have moved on.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
11-08-2015, 07:41 AM
Take a 5 gallon bucket - and put two 1/4 inch holes 180 degrees from each other at the top (open) end... take a soda can - and punch a hole in the bottom and the top. String a wire through the can - and secure it through both of the 1/4 inch holes in the bucket. The can will now be suspended more or less in the center of the middle of the open end of the bucket. Put some peanut butter on a few spots on the outer diameter of the pop can....

Fill the bottom of the 5 gallon bucket with a few inches of water.....

The mice will find this - climb it - go out on the wire and when they get on the pop can to get the peanut butter - their weight will cause the can to rotate - and they'll fall into the water....

They'll drown in a few hours....

You sometimes get 5 or 6 mice at a time.... Check it every other day at least....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-08-2015, 07:48 AM
(11-08-2015 07:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Take a 5 gallon bucket - and put two 1/4 inch holes 180 degrees from each other at the top (open) end... take a soda can - and punch a hole in the bottom and the top. String a wire through the can - and secure it through both of the 1/4 inch holes in the bucket. The can will now be suspended more or less in the center of the middle of the open end of the bucket. Put some peanut butter on a few spots on the outer diameter of the pop can....

Fill the bottom of the 5 gallon bucket with a few inches of water.....

The mice will find this - climb it - go out on the wire and when they get on the pop can to get the peanut butter - their weight will cause the can to rotate - and they'll fall into the water....

They'll drown in a few hours....

You sometimes get 5 or 6 mice at a time.... Check it every other day at least....

...Or you could just get a humane catch and release trap. Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
11-08-2015, 07:58 AM
(11-08-2015 07:48 AM)jennybee Wrote:  ...Or you could just get a humane catch and release trap. Big Grin

Yeah -- then the mouse goes and tells all his friends what a nice person you are, and they ALL move in with ya.....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
16-08-2015, 08:09 PM
One of my friends knew a guy who had a rat problem. Just one rat, but no matter what he tried, he couldn't trap it, poison it, whatever. Even woke up at night with the beast sitting on his chest. About went nuts from lack of sleep. He finally nailed a metal strip to the bottom of his bedroom door, and laid another metal strip on the floor. He then attached an electrical cord to the strips and plugged it in. Smoking rat death the first night with it! Lucky, I think, that the house didn't go up in flames. I bet the stench lasted awhile.