Mouth Blisters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Mouth Blisters
As many of you know, I got two piercings in my lower lip about 2 weeks ago. Everything's healing nicely and there haven't been any issues, but just today I noticed some small bumps around the inside of my lower lip. There were only two and they felt very small, but over the past 6 hours or so, 2 turned into 4, and now they're quite large - about 2-3 millimeters in diameter.

I washed my hands really well and pulled my lip out so I could see what's going on, and there are about 4 clear, fluid-filled blisters scattered around my piercings. They don't hurt; but feel faintly, faintly sore when I touch them with my tongue.

Any ideas?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Mouth Blisters
If I got the Herp I'm gonna be pissed right the fuck off... Angry

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
17-01-2013, 07:54 PM
(17-01-2013 07:50 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  If I got the Herp I'm gonna be pissed right the fuck off... Angry
Oh quiet, many people have herpes on their face.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Nappa's post
17-01-2013, 08:00 PM
I realize the cliche of self-diagnosing with WebMD, but a "Mucous cyst" perfectly describes what I'm seeing, and apparently they're pretty common around oral piercings.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002605/

If they don't go away, I'm gonna get them checked out.

17-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Herp can get bad if it's infected. My brother actually went to the ER last fall for it, his whole lips were swollen out from his face. He looked like a cross between Donald Duck and Brundlefly, it was gruesome. I suppose it could just be some kind of irritation thing, though. Could it be a reaction to the metal used? I'm not gonna look at the link you posted because my brother made me look at so much horrible mouth stuff, he self diagnosed as necrotizing stomatitis via the internet, but of course it was nothing of the sort.
17-01-2013, 08:37 PM
When my daughter got her tongue pierced several years ago there was some kind of rinse we had to get for her but I can't remember what it was called.

I searched around online and can't seem to find it but I did see a lot of suggestions to rinse your mouth with sea salt dissolved in warm water or diluted Listerine. No peroxide and no alcohol. I would guess the inner lip would be about the same.

Did more digging...it's called H2Ocean...or sea salt and water, basically.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-01-2013, 08:42 PM
I've been rinsing with sea salt a few times a day. About 3 times a day when I first got them, then less as the weeks have gone by. I wanted to keep them clean, but I didn't want to fuck up the atmosphere in my mouth by killing all the good bacteria too.

17-01-2013, 08:43 PM
(17-01-2013 08:30 PM)amyb Wrote:  he self diagnosed as necrotizing stomatitis via the internet, but of course it was nothing of the sort.
Lmao. It's amazing how people can get something like a sore throat, consult the internet, and come away convincing themselves that they've got Bubonic Plague. Laughat

17-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Then I am out of ideas...when you get your Chas tattoo (in the red heart) I do recommend Tattoo Goo for a few days then Eucerin...works great.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-01-2013, 08:54 PM
(17-01-2013 08:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Then I am out of ideas...when you get your Chas tattoo (in the red heart) I do recommend Tattoo Goo for a few days then Eucerin...works great.
Anything to ensure my boo-boo's new tattoo is perfect!