RE: Mouthy Broad Takes on Chick Fil-A
Ha! That chick is awesome Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2012, 05:23 AM
(05-08-2012 05:01 AM)Jeff Wrote:  

Absofuckinglutely owned.Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2012, 05:27 AM
Funny how the primary argument for Christians is that Jesus nullified the Old Testament laws, when he didn't.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
05-08-2012, 09:56 AM
(05-08-2012 05:01 AM)Jeff Wrote:  

Seth Andrews shared this on his facebook page earlier this week.....Pretty awesome stuff

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:All men are created equal except the ones that are different from me.

ROFL!

That chick just filleted Cathy's A!

That was a good video. The only issue I have is with the vote with your dollars idea. I was a vegan for 7.5 years, due largely to how revolted I was by factory farms. I stopped eating meat because I didn't want to support that industry (also why I no longer watch Nicholas Cage movies). So I think it's important to migrate your support from one industry to an alternative industry when the first guy sucks.

That being said, the notion of voting with your dollars is utterly anti democratic. In democracy, every one in the demos, the citizen body, gets a single vote. Doesn't matter if you're a rich guy or his ball washer (I'm talking about golf, get your head out of the gutter) everyone gets one vote. But if we accept this notion of voting with your dollars, we create a situation in which vast disparities are supported. A dishwasher cannot make the same political statement as, oh, say, the CEO of Bain Capital. That sort of thing disturbs me.

So I find this Chick-Fil-A situation difficult to navigate. Thankfully, we don't got the greasy fucking things in Canada so I don't have to navigate this particular issue myself.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Mouthy Broad Takes on Chick Fil-A
(05-08-2012 12:50 PM)Ghost Wrote:  

ROFL!

That was a good video. The only issue I have is with the vote with your dollars idea. I was a vegan for 7.5 years, due largely to how revolted I was by factory farms. I stopped eating meat because I didn't want to support that industry (also why I no longer watch Nicholas Cage movies). So I think it's important to migrate your support from one industry to an alternative industry when the first guy sucks.

That being said, the notion of voting with your dollars is utterly anti democratic. In democracy, every one in the demos, the citizen body, gets a single vote. Doesn't matter if you're a rich guy or his ball washer (I'm talking about golf, get your head out of the gutter) everyone gets one vote. But if we accept this notion of voting with your dollars, we create a situation in which vast disparities are supported. A dishwasher cannot make the same political statement as, oh, say, the CEO of Bain Capital. That sort of thing disturbs me.

So I find this Chick-Fil-A situation difficult to navigate. Thankfully, we don't got the greasy fucking things in Canada so I don't have to navigate this particular issue myself.

Matt

You were a Vegan? That explains a lot! Tongue

Agree with the dollars > votes.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-08-2012, 02:29 PM
(05-08-2012 12:50 PM)Ghost Wrote:  

ROFL!

Matt

I suppose if you take "voting with your dollars" literally, I would agree.
However, in this context, it means "let the free market operate".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Wow! Intelligent AND attractive....yep, there's not many of us around Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post