Mouthy Broad Takes on Chick Fil-A

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2012, 07:16 AM
RE: Mouthy Broad Takes on Chick Fil-A
Hey, Chas.

The ramifications and expressions of the idea itself extend beyond a potential election where we have to purchase votes. It has wider implications. All of the implications are terrifying to me because they all involve hideous disparity.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2012, 07:22 AM
(06-08-2012 07:16 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Chas.

The ramifications and expressions of the idea itself extend beyond a potential election where we have to purchase votes. It has wider implications. All of the implications are terrifying to me because they all involve hideous disparity.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt

I agree that money in the political machine is terrifying, and we are living every day with the negative consequences.

But this has nothing to do with 'voting with our wallets' in the marketplace exception a confusion of words.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2012, 07:54 PM
This whole Chick Fil A thing has been so blown out of proportion. I think most people already realized that the company was ruled a lot by religion. They aren't open on Sunday because of religious beliefs of the powers that be in that organization.

I remember a day when it was not unusual to post a sign in your business stating "We have the right to refuse service to anyone."

I think they do have that right. If you don't like what the company stands for...don't give them your money...it's as easy as that. There are other places to get a chicken sandwich...it won't adversely alter your life of you stop eating there.

If falling sales don't bother them, then they are either doing really well or they are solid in their convictions...fine...move on. Waffle fries suck anyway.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
06-08-2012, 08:18 PM
(06-08-2012 07:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I remember a day when it was not unusual to post a sign in your business stating "We have the right to refuse service to anyone."

I think they do have that right.

Not in the U.S. they don't. If you are open to the public, it is all of the public.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2012, 08:20 PM
hmm everyone go look up mechanically seperated chicken. Then go throw up. Smile
seriously though well done. own their faces.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
06-08-2012, 08:31 PM
(06-08-2012 08:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-08-2012 07:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I remember a day when it was not unusual to post a sign in your business stating "We have the right to refuse service to anyone."

I think they do have that right.

Not in the U.S. they don't. If you are open to the public, it is all of the public.

(06-08-2012 08:20 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  hmm everyone go look up mechanically seperated chicken. Then go throw up. Smile
seriously though well done. own their faces.
There was a little hardware store in the town where we used to live. One day when I was in there with my son (about 10 at the time) the owner started telling me how he didn't NEED business from the African Americans in the area, although he wasn't quite as PC about it. I got my son and herded him out to the car and never went back. He didn't need my money either, and I preferred to drive half an hour than to ever step foot in his store again.

Chick Fil A is well known for being heavy with religion...why is any of this surprising to anyone?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post