Movie Scenes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Movie Scenes
In Anjele's thread about her speech in class, she mentioned that they will be doing a speech at some point on a movie scene. And that got me thinking about good movie scenes and wanting to think abut them more. So, what are your favorite scenes? Funny ones? Sad ones? Serious ones? Silly ones? Smart ones? What?

One of the first threads I thought of was this

Damn I love that movie. This scene is hilarious. Walter brings a dog bowling, but he didn't buy it shoes.

"Over the line!!!" - Walter

Walter goes back to Vietnam references and one of my favorite lines of all time follows shortly after.

"You are entering a world of pain" -Walter

And then the Dude observes in the next scene
"You're not wrong Walter, you're just an asshole."

The last scene in Cast Away is really interesting too. I mean, almost the whole movie is devoid of any dialogue. He is alone and surrounded by water. Hopelessly lost. And then in the final scene, he is alone, standing at a crossroads, surrounded by never-ending expanses of land. First he was trapped by water and unable to go anywhere. Now he is trapped by the possibilities of being able to go anywhere. The difference between Chuck at the beginning and Chuck by the end of the movie is that now you have some idea that he won't just head down the same road everyone else is on. That he will go where he wants. He won't let himself get trapped by water, land, or life again.

I could not find the specific scene I am thinking of for this movie "It's kind of a funny story" but it is the scene were Bobby (Zach Galifianakis) breaks down. Craig has realized already that this place is not just some weekend getaway, but this is when he realizes just how good he has it. It is when he sees someone who has become so incapacitated by life, that they lose the ability to function that helps him realize that he has to learn to let go. Bobby can't.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: Movie Scenes
One of my top favourite scenes (I could not find a clip) is:

Crocodile Dundee

WALTER: "Right, well, ah. 'Till Wednesday. Cheerio"
DUNDEE: "Wednesday"
DUNDEE: "What's today, Wal?"
WALTER: "Monday"
WALTER: "Doesn't know. Doesn't care. Heh! Lucky Bastard."
[+] 2 users Like Zat's post
15-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Actually, I have an even better scene from the same movie:

DUNDEE: Well, you see, Aborigines don't own the land.They belong to it. It's like their mother. See those rocks? Been standing there for 600 million years. Still be there when you and I are gone. So arguing over who owns them is like two fleas arguing over who owns the dog they live on.
16-02-2013, 05:42 AM
No, no, the best one from Croc Dundee is when he get in some bar or something and a guy asks him: "Did you came here to die?" and he answers: "No mate, I came here yesterday", with Australian accent.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
16-02-2013, 07:34 AM

Cool

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
16-02-2013, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2013 04:22 PM by Peterkin.)
If it can't climb a tree, it's not a Land Rover

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
16-02-2013, 10:27 AM
I bet you guys were expecting a LOTR film clip from me. Ha! Take that (I'll probably post one later) But this is a scene that has touched me in a way most films never have. Beautiful and heartbreaking. A rare treat.

Brooks was here <3

The Out Crowd.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
16-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Now for something more predictable from me. Smile

The Out Crowd.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
16-02-2013, 12:04 PM

(I couldn't find the whole scene with Anthony Hopkins' speech, but this works)

I'll stop here to avoid spamming the place. Tongue

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
16-02-2013, 04:21 PM
life form

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.