Movie clichés

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Big Grin Movie clichés
Cliché's are mainly the reason why I don't really like to watch movies anymore.

http://www.moviecliches.com/

As Buddy Christ posted before themes of movies are becoming redundant as well. Sometimes however, I see something original (i think). Last time was in the French movie "the fabulous destiny of Amelie Poulain". The heroine breaks in into the house of someone she can't stand to...
  • Change the light-bulbs to lamps one quart of the normal power
  • Change the toothpaste with hemorrhoids cream
  • Set ALL clocks to 2 hours later
  • Arrange random short-circuits
  • Change the guys slippers to the same but 3 sizes smaller
  • Change her victim's speed dial to his mom to the number of a psych-ward
I lol'd so hard. Smile. THAT was really something I haven't seen before.

Anyway...
The main cliché I really cant hate is the one where the skeptic is always the first victim. For once i like to see a movie all about skepticism in the real world. I think humanity needs one. If you think that will be boring, you need to think, Hercule Poirot or, If you want more 'splosions Mithbusters.

The human mind has enough quirks to be exploited by a witty hero/heroine. One who isn't intimidated by, let's say, the believes of a cult, or mainstream superstition. Imagine a movie with humor like this or an epic ending scene where the occult villain finally finds the spear of destiny, pluges it into his hearth to obtain infinite power according to ancient scripture, only to die of gangrene. bwhahaha... I'd watch that.

Time for a producers to find a franchise that caters to the people of the new wave of reason.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply