Movie "man from earth"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Movie "man from earth"
Have any of you seen this movie. I highly recommend you watch it with somone who is Christian and watch them squirm.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone but it is a sci fi movie about man who claims to be 10000 years old. The entire movie is just a discussion between him and his college professor friends.

It's very thought provoking my fundamentalist wife just overheard parts of it and she was not at all thrilled with it. It's available on watch instantly on Netflix.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jwm2pi's post
09-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Movie "man from earth"
It's an interesting movie that does provoke some unusual ideas. When I first started watching the movie, I didn't think I would stay with it long because it seemed like it would be boring. But I stuck with it and enjoyed it.

Somewhere around here there's another thread about this movie with more conversation on the subject. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
10-10-2012, 06:35 AM
RE: Movie "man from earth"
Didn't we have a thread about that movie before?
actually yes, twice
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...from+earth
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...from+earth

But yes, good movie. We already agreed on that Wink

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Brick RE: Movie "man from earth"
Just wanted to say that this was a pleasant film to watch, and highly recommended to see at least one. I WISH though that they had made the ending more ambiguous though. Other than that, it came off as realistic, and interesting.