Movie theater closes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2016, 02:36 PM
Movie theater closes
The movie theater at the mall about two miles away from where I lived has closed. Yesterday was its last day. My son took Charlie (13 years old) to see Star Wars VII. He reports that the concession stand was selling stuff out of cardboard boxes. Nearest movie theater is now 30 miles away.

Reason for the closing seems to be that the city council would not OK selling beer at the concession stand.

Mall management is looking for a new owner for the theater.

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: Movie theater closes
Hmmm... The big mega-theater that I usually go to is going the other way -- they just added a full bar that serves not only beer and wine, but also mixed drinks. This may be a trend.
15-01-2016, 03:30 PM
We're going tonight...

I love the local theater.... We can go - in the evening --- get snacks - popcorn and soda -- and not spend 20 bucks for the two of us...

Plus - they have great seating...

And the place is pretty damned clean....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Yeah, booze and movies. Takes me back to 1968, drive-in theater showing creature features 'til dawn on Saturday and who the hell was watching them anyway? Blush Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2016, 03:58 PM

[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
15-01-2016, 05:34 PM
(15-01-2016 03:58 PM)pablo Wrote:  

Yeah, I thought about that when I heard the story.

Drinking Beverage

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
15-01-2016, 05:55 PM
(15-01-2016 03:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We're going tonight...

I love the local theater.... We can go - in the evening --- get snacks - popcorn and soda -- and not spend 20 bucks for the two of us...

Plus - they have great seating...

And the place is pretty damned clean....

Where do you live?

Evening tickets in our theater in Mass: $12-13 per ticket, one popcorn and two sodas would cost another $12! Close to $40 for the two of us.
15-01-2016, 06:27 PM
(15-01-2016 02:36 PM)f stop Wrote:  Reason for the closing seems to be that the city council would not OK selling beer at the concession stand.

I call bullshit.

There are 4 movie theaters within 5 miles of my house and a dozen within 10 miles and not one of them serve beer.

Doesn't sound like a beer problem to me.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
15-01-2016, 06:56 PM
(15-01-2016 02:36 PM)f stop Wrote:  The movie theater at the mall about two miles away from where I lived has closed. Yesterday was its last day. My son took Charlie (13 years old) to see Star Wars VII. He reports that the concession stand was selling stuff out of cardboard boxes. Nearest movie theater is now 30 miles away.

Reason for the closing seems to be that the city council would not OK selling beer at the concession stand.

Mall management is looking for a new owner for the theater.

Most of the movies made these days are so bad that you need a drink to get through them.

Better to simply stay home and download them off a Torrent site.

Angel

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
15-01-2016, 08:25 PM
(15-01-2016 06:27 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 02:36 PM)f stop Wrote:  Reason for the closing seems to be that the city council would not OK selling beer at the concession stand.

I call bullshit.

There are 4 movie theaters within 5 miles of my house and a dozen within 10 miles and not one of them serve beer.

Doesn't sound like a beer problem to me.
I don't know where you live but I live in central Ohio. My daughter lives in Columbus and she says that movie theaters in Columbus serve beer.

Sapere aude