Movie with autistic characters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Movie with autistic characters
After seeing "Drive" I realized how the character of the leading star has quite some features of autism. It's not explained in the movie but I thought the whole quiet introverted character was really interesting. There are alot of scenes in the movie where he just stares at people or out of a window as if he was living inside his own world. So are there any other movies where the character shows signs of autism but isn't quite a part of the story like Rainman and Mercury Rising.

chan chan ki sikin aman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2012, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 06:59 PM by Debzilla.)
Photo RE: Movie with autistic characters

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
[+] 1 user Likes Debzilla's post
01-05-2012, 08:03 PM
RE: Movie with autistic characters
(01-05-2012 06:55 PM)Debzilla Wrote:  

Although it is part of the autistic spectrum, I'd say Spock is closer to Asperger's Tongue

Crusher, you've apparently hit the top 3 as far as well-known characters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fic...m_spectrum

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
01-05-2012, 08:14 PM
(01-05-2012 08:03 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Although it is part of the autistic spectrum, I'd say Spock is closer to Asperger's Tongue

That counts!

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
[+] 1 user Likes Debzilla's post
02-05-2012, 05:49 AM
What? Spock is an alien. His entire race acts like this. You can't judge him by human standards.

Anyhow, here is a list: http://www.imdb.com/list/0sigYQ1Icp0/

I've seen Nell and The Wizard. I think Nell is pretty good, but I'm not sure it's autism. The Wizard is though.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
02-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Yea but I'm looking for a movie where the character shows signs of autism like asperger but without it being part of the movie, just it being a feature of a character in the movie without the message being "look at this sad person with autism aww Sad". Like Spock, his whole race acts like they have asperger, in Drive the main star acts quite introverted and doesn't talk, the movie doesn't say he has asperger, it's just his character.

chan chan ki sikin aman
02-05-2012, 08:53 AM
(02-05-2012 05:49 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  What? Spock is an alien. His entire race acts like this. You can't judge him by human standards.
Wrong. He's half human and that human half is obviously autistic.

Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
02-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Stop saying I'm wrong!

I don't like being wrong Weeping

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
02-05-2012, 10:03 AM
(02-05-2012 10:02 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Stop saying I'm wrong!

I don't like being wrong Weeping
But it feels so right to say you're wrong. Big Grin

02-05-2012, 10:36 AM
It isn't a movie but the series Boston Legal had a character that ended up with a pretty main story line that had Asperger's and for a while there was also a woman that he was involved with that had it too.

Since it was a comedy, perhaps some was over the top but the characters were there.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF