Movies Based On Real Stories About Islam And Sharia Law

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2011, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2011 12:45 PM by Infidel.)
Movies Based On Real Stories About Islam And Sharia Law
If you have a netflix account you can stream these movies on your PC:

Not Without My Daughter
In this fact-based thriller, Sally Field plays an American housewife who finds herself virtually trapped in Tehran when she accompanies her Iranian husband on a vacation to his native country -- and he decides to relocate the family to his homeland.
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Not_Wi...kid=496624

The Stoning of Soraya M.
Set in 1986 Iran at the start of Khomeini's reign, director Cyrus Nowrasteh's drama tells the true story of Soraya (Mozhan Marnò), whose husband plots to have her falsely accused of adultery so he can divorce her and marry a young girl. French journalist Freidoune (Jim Caviezel) is pulled into Soraya's tragic story when he meets a desperate woman named Zahra (Shohreh Aghdashloo).
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_St...kid=496624

Something, Or Someone Is Really Out There!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Infidel's post
28-12-2011, 01:38 PM
RE: Movies Based On Real Stories About Islam And Sharia Law
I know "Not without my daughter" and several similar movies.
Must say I've had a fair share of drama in real life so I'd rather skip the family dramas.
But I like movies, also based on real stories, like "Ghandi" or "Schindler's List". That have some history in it. They are normally a bit overpainted or overdramatized (though the story are heavy already) but often still good movies. And loooong, but hey I enjoy a good long movie Smile

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
28-12-2011, 02:08 PM
(28-12-2011 01:38 PM)Leela Wrote:  I know "Not without my daughter" and several similar movies.
Must say I've had a fair share of drama in real life so I'd rather skip the family dramas.
But I like movies, also based on real stories, like "Ghandi" or "Schindler's List". That have some history in it. They are normally a bit overpainted or overdramatized (though the story are heavy already) but often still good movies. And loooong, but hey I enjoy a good long movie Smile
I must admit that both of these movies brought tears to my eyes. You have a very nice website BTW!

28-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks for sharing, I'll have to check them out later. I'm running out of reasons to keep netflix, things like this and documentaries helps me keep it lol.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
29-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Clint
I do find some interesting movies there. I am mostly interested in documentaries and drama based on real life. "Not Without My Daughter" was very revealling for me.It is like this wife and mother entered a whole different world where everything changed for her and her daughter.They became more like slaves in Iran, surrounded by Muslim theocracy.

29-12-2011, 08:56 AM
I'd watch Not Without My Daughter. Seems to be a very accurate portrayal.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
02-01-2012, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 03:50 AM by Infidel.)
Yes, germanyt, I think it is too. It is hard to imagine that things like this are going on in the world today. The influence of religion is far to powerful for my comfort.
(28-12-2011 01:38 PM)Leela Wrote:  I know "Not without my daughter" and several similar movies.

They do have a few good documentaries there.I am not sure if they have the 2 you mentioned. Ghandi was a very interesting person. I will check to see if they have anything on him.