13-02-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: Movies I did not like.
Forest Gump and Jurassic Park

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2015, 06:22 PM
Movies I did not like.
I agree about Forrest Gump. I didn't hate it. Saw it, shrugged, and walked away. I make jokes from it, but a lot do.

Can't make it through Pulp Fiction. Tried, fell asleep a few times. Just can't get into it.
21-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Movies everyone raved about that I hated:

Avatar - one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I went against my better judgment because it was not a genre I enjoy, and the previews looked stupid. A co-worker convinced me it was wonderful. It wasn't. The only reason I didn't leave is because I had to pay $12 to see the damn thing even at the matinee.

Frozen - just boring and pointless. I hate "Let it Go" too, as well as the 5 billion adaptations of it that people keep posting from youTube.

Paranormal Activity - lauded as 'one of the scariest films ever'. I left thinking "that was it?"
21-02-2015, 04:45 PM
I was so pissed at the break from the Alien franchise's canon, perpetrated by Prometheus, I refused to see it, haven't yet, and never will!
But I guess that would better fit in a Movies you HATE thread. Confused

22-02-2015, 03:48 PM
(21-02-2015 04:45 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I was so pissed at the break from the Alien franchise's canon, perpetrated by Prometheus, I refused to see it, haven't yet, and never will!

How can you hate something you have not seen?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
22-02-2015, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2015 04:15 PM by TheGulegon.)
(22-02-2015 03:48 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(21-02-2015 04:45 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I was so pissed at the break from the Alien franchise's canon, perpetrated by Prometheus, I refused to see it, haven't yet, and never will!

How can you hate something you have not seen?

I've seen enough critiques, and short reviews of the story line, to know it would piss me off!
Guess what kids? Those giant muscle bound fetuses the color of milk aren't Space Jockeys! They're just someone's brain queef that smells like sardines! Dodgy
Aliens evolved far from Earth, on their own planet, and that Space Jockey (a species all it's own , evolved on IT'S own planet, far from Earth) from Alien(79) was a member of a crew trying to do the same fool thing Weiland-Yutani is trying to do "now". Harness the destructive power of the Xenomorph, and screwing it up & letting the things get loose! Undecided That's it!
Any other story line is a lie! Tongue

22-02-2015, 04:18 PM
(22-02-2015 04:12 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 03:48 PM)bemore Wrote:  How can you hate something you have not seen?

I've seen enough critiques, and short reviews of the story line, to know it would piss me off!
Guess what kids? Those giant muscle bound fetuses the color of milk aren't Space Jockeys! They're just someone's brain queef that smells like sardines! Dodgy
Aliens evolved far from Earth, on their own planet, and that Space Jockey (a species of it's own evolved on IT'S own planet far from Earth) from Alien(79) was a member of a crew trying to do the same fool thing Weiland-Yutani is trying to do "now". Harness the destructive power of the Xenomorph, and screwing it up & letting the things get loose! Undecided That's it!

Weiland wasn't trying to harness the power of the Xenomorphs. He wanted to meet the 'creators' to overcome his mortality.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
22-02-2015, 04:31 PM
(22-02-2015 04:18 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 04:12 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I've seen enough critiques, and short reviews of the story line, to know it would piss me off!
Aliens evolved far from Earth, on their own planet, and that Space Jockey (a species of it's own evolved on IT'S own planet far from Earth) from Alien(79) was a member of a crew trying to do the same fool thing Weiland-Yutani is trying to do "now". Harness the destructive power of the Xenomorph, and screwing it up & letting the things get loose! Undecided That's it!

Weiland wasn't trying to harness the power of the Xenomorphs. He wanted to meet the 'creators' to overcome his mortality.

That's Aliens vs Predator, dude. Different story from the strictly Alien universe. And I was talking about the Weiland Yutani from the Aliens movie's "future".
And though I can watch that movie for the Pred on Xeno violence, it wasn't an academy award winner or nuthin. Tongue
I'm a dork! Blush
If humans encountered the Xenomorph before the events on LV-426 from Alien/Aliens, it was miniscule, like in Predator 2 where Danny Glover sees a wall of Pred trophies, and one of them is the skull of a Xenomorph. That stuff about Aztec temples in Antarctica? Dodgy I dismiss that like an episode of Ancient Aliens! Tongue But I can still watch that movie because it's one of the few sources of Alens -vs- Predators fighting each other, on the big screen!

26-02-2015, 10:07 PM
(13-02-2015 02:51 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(13-02-2015 06:29 AM)bemore Wrote:  Out of interest what films DO you lik?e
  • Lawrence of Arabia - My all time favorite.
  • In general my favorites have always been the big budget epics over three hours long. The don't make those any more. If they did they would use CGI and that's not the same as 70mm panavision. Examples:
    • Gone With the Wind
    • Dr. Zhivago
    • Cleopatra
    • Patton
    • Tora Tora Tora - my fav WWII film
    • The Longest Day
    • Ben Hur - yeah, religious flick, but still a good story.
  • Anything by Stanley Kubrick except Fear and Desire and Eyes Wide Shut.
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • Crime capers where the hero gets away with the swag. For example.
    • Point Blank - In tte movie it's not clear if Walker gets away with the money. In the book (The Hunter by Richard Stark) he does.
    • ]The Getaway (Steve McQueen version)
    • The Split(1968}
    • Parker](2013)
  • Early day Steven Spielberg.
    • Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    • E.T.
    • Two of the Indiana Jones movies. Guess which two.
  • 1950s Sci Fi movies such as
    • The Day the Earth Stood Still (the remake sucks)
    • The War of the Worlds
    • Forbidden Planet
    • The Thing From Another World. Both re-makes suck, even if they are truer to the original material.
    • The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms
    • The Time Machine
    • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    • Lots of others.
  • Super hero films in general, Superman III & IV excepted.
  • Westerns
    • Once Upon a Time in the West - my fave western
    • Shane
    • High Noon
    • The Searchers
    • True Grit - both versions, although I like John Wayne's better
    • John Ford movies
  • Early Disney animation - examples
    • Snow White - in college I sneaked out of the dorm so my friends would not know I was going to a kid's flick.Blush
    • Pinocchio
    • Cinderella
    • Sleeping Beauty _ I really liked the recent Maleficent.

Excellent list. Not so crazy about Ben Hur though, but Lawrence of Arabia is on the top of my list. I also like some very old movies.

Of Human Bondage
All About Eve
It Happened One Night
Nosferatu (from the year 1922)
Top Hat (Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers)

Oh, wait. This thread is about movies people hate.

That stupid Star Wars movie with that fucking, goddamn Jarjarbinks, or what ever the hell his name was. Hated that movie. Just hated it. The only reason I didn't walk out of the movie theatre was because my two kids were enjoying it so much. Now that they're grown up they have seen the error of their way and also hate it. I've raised them well.

[Image: Jar+Jar+Binks+meme.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post