Movies that never should have been made

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2016, 11:30 PM
RE: Movies that never should have been made
(20-06-2016 01:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The live action Grinch movie with Jim Carey. Facepalm

I have loved 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' since I was a little kid...the book (which I still have mostly memorized) and the cartoon with Boris Karloff. My kids were all read the book; I
have purchased the book for all the grandkids. But that movie was horrendous. Weeping

I feel that way about the Jim Carey version of "A Christmas Carol". To understand the gravity of that statement, you have to understand that "A Christmas Carol" is one of my favorite stories. I loved the book, I love the stage versions I've seen, and I love every TV adaptation. This includes the cheesy version with Susan Lucci as a female Scrooge, and even the ultra cheesy version with Tori Spelling and Gary Coleman that made the Susan Lucci version look like a cinematic masterpiece. So, my standards for what makes an acceptable adaptation are ridiculously low. I hated the Jim Carey version so much I turned it off after the first 20 minutes. It was atrocious
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2016, 11:31 PM
(20-06-2016 01:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The live action Grinch movie with Jim Carey. Facepalm

I have loved 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' since I was a little kid...the book (which I still have mostly memorized) and the cartoon with Boris Karloff. My kids were all read the book; I
have purchased the book for all the grandkids. But that movie was horrendous. Weeping

I feel that way about the Jim Carey version of "A Christmas Carol". To understand the gravity of that statement, you have to understand that "A Christmas Carol" is one of my favorite stories. I loved the book, I love the stage versions I've seen, and I love every TV adaptation. This includes the cheesy version with Susan Lucci as a female Scrooge, and even the ultra cheesy version with Tori Spelling and Gary Coleman that made the Susan Lucci version look like a cinematic masterpiece. So, my standards for what makes an acceptable adaptation are ridiculously low. I hated the Jim Carey version so much I turned it off after the first 20 minutes. It was atrocious
20-07-2016, 11:54 PM
That Alice in Wonderland movie starring Johnny Depp that had the cringey scene at the end with Mad Hatter dancing.

21-07-2016, 01:58 AM
The Scarlet Johansson film LUCY, any film script blandly thought out to actually base a plot around, oh humans use 10% of the brain and diverge into that being used to say one could obtain superpowers should of been destroyed. That script should of been laughed away but that project somehow got through to the world of hollywood films..

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-07-2016, 02:04 AM
(20-07-2016 11:54 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  That Alice in Wonderland movie starring Johnny Depp that had the cringey scene at the end with Mad Hatter dancing.

I actually enjoyed that film. Mind you, I was possibly off my scone. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-07-2016, 05:03 AM
(20-07-2016 11:54 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  That Alice in Wonderland movie starring Johnny Depp that had the cringey scene at the end with Mad Hatter dancing.

"On that day I shall Flutterwhacken vigorously!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
21-07-2016, 05:04 AM
The second "Mortal Combat" movie.
21-07-2016, 09:20 AM
(21-07-2016 05:04 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The second "Mortal Combat" movie.

I felt that way about the first "Mortal Kombat" movie. I only went to see it because a friend of mine wanted to (he played the game regularly), and ended up feeling that it was a waste of time and a poor excuse for a movie. I will never knowingly see another movie that's based on a video game.
21-07-2016, 09:57 AM
Druids with Christopher Lambert.

It. Was. Just. Awful.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
21-07-2016, 10:49 AM
(21-07-2016 09:20 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 05:04 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The second "Mortal Combat" movie.

I felt that way about the first "Mortal Kombat" movie. I only went to see it because a friend of mine wanted to (he played the game regularly), and ended up feeling that it was a waste of time and a poor excuse for a movie. I will never knowingly see another movie that's based on a video game.
I was amused by it. The six-armed green Barsoomian was great at the time. Big Grin