Movies that never should have been made

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2016, 06:15 AM
RE: Movies that never should have been made
I may get vilified but I nominate Spotlight, not because the subject doesn't need to have as much light shined on it as possible but because the writing was so bad and the acting was worse. The subject deserved a much better treatment than just having unemotional, wooden recitals of
person 1: it is an important story
person 2: but Boston has a lot of Catholics who won't like hearing this
person 1: I think they will want to know
person 2: OK
Really? That's the extent of the "fight" to get the story published? Most of the dialog could have been written by using Eliza except that that probably would have come out better.

I've never seen so many people discussing such an emotionally charged topic in such a flat, disinterested way. They all looked bored as hell and were all just waiting for the other person to finish speaking so they could say their next line.

I give it a lot of credit for exposing the details but it could have been SO much better.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2016, 07:09 AM
(20-06-2016 04:45 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I want to say anything with Keaneu Reeves in it (except for the original Matrix)

Have you watched John Wick Hobo

No other actor other than Nicholas Cage has ever been this one-dimensional.

There, I have blasphemed again. Big Grin

oh come on. john wick was hilariously over the top entertainent.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
20-06-2016, 07:31 AM
(19-06-2016 08:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Anything with Nicholas Cage in it.

I absolutely loved "Moonstruck" -- although Nicholas Cage had nothing to do with that. I can take him or leave him, but the rest of the cast was excellent, and it was a great movie.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
20-06-2016, 07:53 AM
(20-06-2016 07:09 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 04:45 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I want to say anything with Keaneu Reeves in it (except for the original Matrix)

Have you watched John Wick Hobo

No other actor other than Nicholas Cage has ever been this one-dimensional.

There, I have blasphemed again. Big Grin

oh come on. john wick was hilariously over the top entertainent.

It was the best Smarter Than It Had Any Right To Be Action Movie of 2014. You could use that film to teach a master class in world building without exposition.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-06-2016, 08:04 AM
(20-06-2016 07:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 07:09 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  oh come on. john wick was hilariously over the top entertainent.

It was the best Smarter Than It Had Any Right To Be Action Movie of 2014. You could use that film to teach a master class in world building without exposition.

its exposition consisted of everyone shitting their pants every time john wicks name was mentioned.
20-06-2016, 08:39 AM
(20-06-2016 01:18 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  "The Happening" - a film that descended into a mess of nonsense

I generally give M. Night Shyamalan a wide birth, because I do appreciate his unique approach, but this film was total tripe.
20-06-2016, 08:41 AM
(20-06-2016 07:31 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 08:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Anything with Nicholas Cage in it.

I absolutely loved "Moonstruck" -- although Nicholas Cage had nothing to do with that. I can take him or leave him, but the rest of the cast was excellent, and it was a great movie.

I loved Moonstruck too. My husband and I went on our first really serious date to that movie. Another Nicholas Cage movie that was wonderful is "Peggy Sue Got Married" but in both films Cage doesn't carry the film. He's more tolerable when he plays second fiddle to a leading female character.

His acting emotions span the alphabet from A to B.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
20-06-2016, 08:46 AM
john wick also has the most ridiculous babyface/heel portrayals of the protagonist and antagonist since gladiator. in gladiator you have the man's man maximus, who leads his men from the front, takes on multiple enemies at once, goes easy on his men, has an attractive wife, and works with his hands on his farm (all by himself too, apparently). then you have the ultimate entitled bitch in commodus, who shows up to battle after its won, cries like a girl in front of his father, murders his old ailing father, is afraid of the dark, wants to have relations with his own sister, threatens to kill his own nephew, loves the sight of blood (literally licks his lips in the most hilarious part of the movie). then to cap it all off in the final showdown he cheats, but still dies like a bitch. hilarious.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
20-06-2016, 09:01 AM
(20-06-2016 08:46 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  john wick also has the most ridiculous babyface/heel portrayals of the protagonist and antagonist since gladiator. in gladiator you have the man's man maximus, who leads his men from the front, takes on multiple enemies at once, goes easy on his men, has an attractive wife, and works with his hands on his farm (all by himself too, apparently). then you have the ultimate entitled bitch in commodus, who shows up to battle after its won, cries like a girl in front of his father, murders his old ailing father, is afraid of the dark, wants to have relations with his own sister, threatens to kill his own nephew, loves the sight of blood (literally licks his lips in the most hilarious part of the movie). then to cap it all off in the final showdown he cheats, but still dies like a bitch. hilarious.
Were you not entertained?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2016, 09:06 AM
(20-06-2016 09:01 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 08:46 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  john wick also has the most ridiculous babyface/heel portrayals of the protagonist and antagonist since gladiator. in gladiator you have the man's man maximus, who leads his men from the front, takes on multiple enemies at once, goes easy on his men, has an attractive wife, and works with his hands on his farm (all by himself too, apparently). then you have the ultimate entitled bitch in commodus, who shows up to battle after its won, cries like a girl in front of his father, murders his old ailing father, is afraid of the dark, wants to have relations with his own sister, threatens to kill his own nephew, loves the sight of blood (literally licks his lips in the most hilarious part of the movie). then to cap it all off in the final showdown he cheats, but still dies like a bitch. hilarious.
Were you not entertained?

oh, i was. verily. though probably not the way the film makers intended.