Movies that never should have been made

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2016, 08:19 AM
RE: Movies that never should have been made
Just about any remake. I'll use "King Kong" as an example. The original movie is considered a classic, but they felt the need to remake it (twice!). I confess that I enjoyed both remakes, and they did have better special effects, and better visuals in general. But the original is a better movie, and there was no need to remake it. I'm having a hard time thinking of any remake that was better than the original in any other sense than surface visual appeal.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
24-06-2016, 08:24 AM
(20-06-2016 04:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Nicholas Cage is a pathetic version of Christopher Walken.

... who's always been a massively underrated actor. "The Deer Hunter" Russian roulette scene always has me biting my nails—even though I know the outcome. He's mesmerising in this movie.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
24-06-2016, 03:19 PM
(24-06-2016 05:51 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  We mentioned the 2008 "The Day The Earth Stood Still"? Reeves needs to have some expressions installed.

Director: Kristen Stewart
Keanu: Got it!!

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
24-06-2016, 04:04 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
24-06-2016, 04:07 PM
(24-06-2016 03:19 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 05:51 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  We mentioned the 2008 "The Day The Earth Stood Still"? Reeves needs to have some expressions installed.

Director: Kristen Stewart
Keanu: Got it!!

woosh Blink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Speed 2.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-06-2016, 09:23 PM
(23-06-2016 08:10 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Kirk Cameron's "Saving Christmas"
God's Not Dead
God's Not Dead 2
The War Room
Other cheesy movies that are not good.

CR reads my mind (or is it the other way around). Especially God's Not Dead 3 that's coming up...
We set it up in an after credits scene of GND2...Pastor Dave is arrested for not giving his sermons to the government...and they make one more Prius joke.

Really almost anything made by the Christiano brothers. Though I did like A Matter of Faith in a "so bad it's good" way.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2016, 12:18 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-06-2016, 01:00 PM
batman and robin. although now that im older its kinda funny. arnold and his ice puns... oh jesus.
25-06-2016, 01:07 PM
(23-06-2016 04:45 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 04:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Birdman was worse.

Spotlight wasn't as bad. In my opinion.

You didn't like Birdman? Perhaps one has to be in the business. (The great Brian Blade on drums)

You thought little of Spotlight?

Wow. Gasp

I liked Spotlight, the comment was directed to someone else who said they didn't like it.

But Birdman....I've seen it now twice and just thought it was weird.

The drum solo soundtrack just made me want to stay in the bathroom.

I'm sorry Banjo and you know I love you...

I've been to hundreds of concerts. Lines for the woman's bathroom are always hideously long before and after the concert....so, I began going to the bathroom during drum solos. Yes, drum solos. Because I don't really need to see them...

So after decades of doing this, anytime I hear extended drums or a drum solo, I need to pee. I've got lots of Grateful Dead on my iPod and had to remove all the "drums", "and" etc, from the play lists. There's nothing worse than being on a long drive...hearing Dark Star then knowing "and" "drums" will follow.

Yes, it's conditioning. Sad

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post