Movies that never should have been made

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: Movies that never should have been made
Independence Day: Resurgence

Syrupy, predictable, shallow, formulaic, cringe-worthy.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
27-06-2016, 08:44 AM
(25-06-2016 01:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 04:45 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You didn't like Birdman? Perhaps one has to be in the business. (The great Brian Blade on drums)

You thought little of Spotlight?

Wow. Gasp

I liked Spotlight, the comment was directed to someone else who said they didn't like it.

But Birdman....I've seen it now twice and just thought it was weird.

The drum solo soundtrack just made me want to stay in the bathroom.

I'm sorry Banjo and you know I love you...

I've been to hundreds of concerts. Lines for the woman's bathroom are always hideously long before and after the concert....so, I began going to the bathroom during drum solos. Yes, drum solos. Because I don't really need to see them...

So after decades of doing this, anytime I hear extended drums or a drum solo, I need to pee. I've got lots of Grateful Dead on my iPod and had to remove all the "drums", "and" etc, from the play lists. There's nothing worse than being on a long drive...hearing Dark Star then knowing "and" "drums" will follow.

Yes, it's conditioning. Sad

They made you dance. You posted Hustle.

Thank James Gadson.

Birdman was really about an artist in the business, so it really played to those people. Civilians did not get it. I understand. Smile

I love you too. Heart

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-06-2016, 08:56 AM
I'll take the heat for this......

Titanic.....

Yeah, we know -- the damned boat hits an iceberg and sinks.......

No spoiler alerts needed...

And don't go on about the romance... Most guys don't care. We watch movies to see the train wrecks. That's why they invented movies -- so guys could watch shit blow up, without all the expenditure on high explosives..............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
27-06-2016, 08:58 AM
(27-06-2016 08:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'll take the heat for this......

Titanic.....

And don't go on about the romance... Most guys don't care. We watch movies to see the train wrecks. That's why they invented movies -- so guys could watch shit blow up, without all the expenditure on high explosives..............

I watched the movie once. Waited to get on VHS, didn't bother with going to the theater. Really shouldn't have wasted the money on the VHS tape.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-06-2016, 09:01 AM
It's my S.O's. favorite movie... She's tried twice to get me to watch it --- which I did.....

I contend that if I'm there when the movie's playing - I've seen it.......

Snoring has nothing to do with it....

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
27-06-2016, 09:03 AM
(27-06-2016 08:58 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 08:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'll take the heat for this......

Titanic.....

I watched the movie once. Waited to get on VHS, didn't bother with going to the theater. Really shouldn't have wasted the money on the VHS tape.

But, although a gun nut and armageddon freak, Cameron changed the sky on Neil DeGrasse Tyson's criticism. The sky shot was wrong for that date. On the DVD update Cameron had the sky changed to be correct.

Shithouse movie though.

I hate that actor Leonardo DeDickhead.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-07-2016, 11:48 PM
(23-06-2016 07:41 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Another one is Ghostbusters, I just don't think this remake is going to be that funny, the trailers weren't funny, I just don't see the appeal of this movie.

I just came back from seeing the remake. I rather enjoyed it.

And although there were parts of it I did enjoy, the HHGTTG movie fell a bit flat -- Mostly because a couple of Arthur Dent's best lines from the early part of the book were MIA.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2016, 09:14 AM
How about Bakshi's "Lord of the Rings"?
16-07-2016, 11:51 AM
(16-07-2016 09:14 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  How about Bakshi's "Lord of the Rings"?
For it's time, the live-action animation mix was unique, and I still hear some of the music wandering through my head. I always thought it a pity he never finished the trilogy. If you look closely in Jackson's version, especially in the scenes in Bree, you can see shades of Bakshi's work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
16-07-2016, 11:58 AM
(16-07-2016 11:51 AM)jabeady Wrote:  
(16-07-2016 09:14 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  How about Bakshi's "Lord of the Rings"?
For it's time, the live-action animation mix was unique, and I still hear some of the music wandering through my head. I always thought it a pity he never finished the trilogy. If you look closely in Jackson's version, especially in the scenes in Bree, you can see shades of Bakshi's work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
I always thought the live-action stuff was just a way to save money on animation.

And the first movie ended at Helm's Deep. Isn't that 2/3 the way through the book?