Movies to recommend to Lucradis this time....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2012, 06:42 PM
RE: Movies to recommend to Lucradis this time....
Yes 9 was pretty good. The animations were very pleasing to the eye and the characters were interesting. Not much of a story overall but it was still compelling. Though he only produced that one I think.

Tim Burton has become a bit of a hack if you ask me. I used to be one of his biggest supporters, and I'm still looking forwards to a full length frankenweenie. That should be pretty great, but he has become dependent on the old tried and true. He's gone and typecast himself. So much so that people can almost replicate it successfully without anyone the wiser. Most people aren't aware that Nightmare was only really the vision of Tim Burton and the Direction of Henry Selick who went on to make Corpse bride. Which was a 50/50 split in creativity between Selick and Burton. I also don't really like that one, it lacks character.
But Tim Burton movies are like paint by numbers. I still like them, but less and less each time.

If you like the visual flair of Burton, you should check out Coraline. I really like that one, and it was directed by Selick and written by Neil Gaiman, who is wonderful.

Oh and nice try Erx.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Yep, Coraline was pretty good.

Have you seen 'Dark Shadows'? If so, what's it like? Is it worth going to the movies or waiting until it comes out on dvd?

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
31-05-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm married, and I have a 3 year old, and I'm poor/cheap. I don't go to the theater.

Everything is worth waiting till the DVD comes out. Though I no longer have anywhere to rent from so I have become a temporary pirate. I view new movies illegally and then if they are good I buy them. With money. Legally. However I like wearing my eye patch. Losing the leg was a bit of a hassle but it completes the outfit so who am i to complain.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
31-05-2012, 06:58 PM
I repeat ...........

THE DICTATOR

I even found you a trailer, aren't I good to you Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
31-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I am hesitant with anything he does. I will wait for that one. I couldn't make it through Bruno. I found it to be really really bad jokes over and over.

Besides... you like Kick ass....

31-05-2012, 07:01 PM
(31-05-2012 06:56 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm married, and I have a 3 year old, and I'm poor/cheap. I don't go to the theater.

Everything is worth waiting till the DVD comes out. Though I no longer have anywhere to rent from so I have become a temporary pirate. I view new movies illegally and then if they are good I buy them. With money. Legally. However I like wearing my eye patch. Losing the leg was a bit of a hassle but it completes the outfit so who am i to complain.
So, that'd be a 'no' then?

[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
31-05-2012, 07:05 PM
(31-05-2012 07:00 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I am hesitant with anything he does. I will wait for that one. I couldn't make it through Bruno. I found it to be really really bad jokes over and over.

Besides... you like Kick ass....

This is totally different to Bruno (Bruno was totally awesome though (Straight Dave fight scene, nuff said)). It's not a mockumentary, it's an actual film with actors.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
31-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Lol. Women....

I'll tell you as soon as a watchable copy arises. If its good I'll buy it. That's the deal hollywood. Get used to it. Charge me 37 bucks for a blue ray and the movie sucks.... grumble grumble...

My guess is it's probably not very good. It barely got any advertising. I only heard about it just before it came out. You'd think with Tim Burton and Johnny Depp it would be a big deal.

It isn't looking too hot on Rotten Tomatoes .

31-05-2012, 07:09 PM
If only there was someone here with an unlimited cinema pass who'd seen it ............

Best
Worst
31-05-2012, 07:24 PM
(31-05-2012 07:07 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Lol. Women....

I'll tell you as soon as a watchable copy arises. If its good I'll buy it. That's the deal hollywood. Get used to it. Charge me 37 bucks for a blue ray and the movie sucks.... grumble grumble...

My guess is it's probably not very good. It barely got any advertising. I only heard about it just before it came out. You'd think with Tim Burton and Johnny Depp it would be a big deal.

It isn't looking too hot on Rotten Tomatoes .
Lol, men! Cheeky bastard Yes

You're probably right. It didn't get a lot of press here either.

Hughsie, have you got an unlimited cinema pass....???