Movies to recommend to Lucradis this time....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2012, 07:28 PM
RE: Movies to recommend to Lucradis this time....
(31-05-2012 07:24 PM)aurora Wrote:  Lol, men! Cheeky bastard Yes

You're probably right. It didn't get a lot of press here either.

Hughsie, have you got an unlimited cinema pass....???

Yep, unlimited free cinema for Hughsie. Factor in that my favourite ever film is Kick-Ass and my favourite character was Hit-Girl, played by Chloe Moretz who is also in Dark Shadows. Then factor in that I think Johnny Depp is an incredible actor and would consider watching almost any film that has him in.

There may be an ever so slight chance that I've seen Dark Shadows Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2012, 07:29 PM
(31-05-2012 07:28 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-05-2012 07:24 PM)aurora Wrote:  Lol, men! Cheeky bastard Yes

You're probably right. It didn't get a lot of press here either.

Hughsie, have you got an unlimited cinema pass....???

Yep, unlimited free cinema for Hughsie. Factor in that my favourite ever film is Kick-Ass and my favourite character was Hit-Girl, played by Chloe Moretz who is also in Dark Shadows. Then factor in that I think Johnny Depp is an incredible actor and would consider watching almost any film that has him in.

There may be an ever so slight chance that I've seen Dark Shadows Big Grin.
AND??? Your verdict please....

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
31-05-2012, 07:34 PM
(31-05-2012 07:29 PM)aurora Wrote:  AND??? Your verdict please....

I'd say kinda average.

It has it's moments but it's certainly not one of Johnny Depp's best films.

I'll probably get the blu-ray when it comes out but I won't go and see it in the cinema again (though to be honest I don't think it lasted long enough in the cinema even if I wanted to).

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
31-05-2012, 07:37 PM
(31-05-2012 07:34 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-05-2012 07:29 PM)aurora Wrote:  AND??? Your verdict please....

I'd say kinda average.

It has it's moments but it's certainly not one of Johnny Depp's best films.

I'll probably get the blu-ray when it comes out but I won't go and see it in the cinema again (though to be honest I don't think it lasted long enough in the cinema even if I wanted to).
Thanks for the critique Smile

How did you end up with a unlimited cinema pass, you lucky boy?

I just won $1000 worth of fuel in a raffle. Gonna be cruisin'. I've never won anything so I'm pretty chuffed Yes

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
31-05-2012, 07:40 PM
(31-05-2012 07:37 PM)aurora Wrote:  Thanks for the critique Smile

How did you end up with a unlimited cinema pass, you lucky boy?

I just won $1000 worth of fuel in a raffle. Gonna be cruisin'. I've never won anything so I'm pretty chuffed Yes

I pay £15 a month for it. Best £15 a month I ever signed up to spend Big Grin.

Congrats on your fuel you lucky girl Smile.

Best
Worst
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
31-05-2012, 09:07 PM
(31-05-2012 07:37 PM)aurora Wrote:  I just won $1000 worth of fuel in a raffle. Gonna be cruisin'. I've never won anything so I'm pretty chuffed Yes
Be careful. I hear this is how they plan on delivering your fuel.

[Image: RoadWarriorTruck2.jpg]
[Image: the-road-warrior1.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
31-05-2012, 09:53 PM
New suggestions for a new viewer? how about Children of the Revolution (1996) or Being John Malkovich if you want a comedy. Children of the Revolution is about a son of Stalin who grew up thinking Stalin was a great man only to be in debates with teachers, and ended up leading a rebellion in his home of australia. Being John Malkovich was a very fun movie to me about the idea of being someone else, I also liked a lot of the puppetry that was shown.

For horror let's go with Suspiria and Slither Suspiria which you probably have seen was a nice blood fest horror film, and slither which you probably saw as well was an entertaining look at bodysnatchers with nudity ~_^ I can't remember the names of some of my favored horror movies since they are less known foreign films.

Noriko is suggesting a movie Y tu Mama Tabien haven't watched it but she seems to like it.

And as far as Zombie flicks have you watched Night of the Comet (1984) It's my mom's favorite movie of the genre and one she thinks back to often. Odd bit of trivia my original name had the same initials as the ones the main character is trying to beat in the arcade game DKL.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
01-06-2012, 03:22 AM
I think I recommended this to Erxomai before: "Mothman" Not many have seen it but I found it very good back then, very thrilling but not a lot of boom and bang in it either. Although back then I was still thinking magical and actually got nightmares from it because it all sounded reasonable to me *blush*

Apart from that:
Ghandi, but you might have seen it
Schindler's List, but you might have seen it
Keinohrhasen, in case you understand German
Wrong Turn, a gory horror
All Star Treck movies of course

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2012, 07:34 AM
(31-05-2012 06:53 PM)aurora Wrote:  Yep, Coraline was pretty good.

Have you seen 'Dark Shadows'? If so, what's it like? Is it worth going to the movies or waiting until it comes out on dvd?
The movie reviewer on a radio show I have podcasted for years said it wasn't very good. Apparently, a lot of opportunities to make it a decent movie were missed. He did say that Depp was good.

I watched the show when it originally aired and loved it. Have seen many episodes again in the last few years and even read some of the books. I had a hunch it wouldn't be done as well in movie form. Might watch it when it hits TV...probably in a short time since it really bombed at the theaters.

Tim Burton must have Depp and Helena Bonham Carter on speed dial...I am a little over the combination.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-06-2012, 08:21 AM
In case you haven't seen it yet, I would really recommend watching the movie No Country for Old Men.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]