Moving

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: Moving
(20-01-2015 07:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I hope you're moving to a farm, eh ?

Alas no. Though it's certainly a goal. Plus, all I need is a backyard, and I'll grow enough food for four people.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
20-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Want me to run the place while you're gone? Hold down the fort and all that.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
20-01-2015, 09:46 PM
“Once a journey is designed, equipped, and put in process, a new factor enters and takes over. A trip, a safari, an exploration, is an entity, different from all other journeys. It has personality, temperament, individuality, uniqueness. A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us. Tour masters, schedules, reservations, brass-bound and inevitable, dash themselves to wreckage on the personality of the trip. Only when this is recognized can the blown-in-the glass bum relax and go along with it. Only then do the frustrations fall away. In this a journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.”
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America

Safe travels Stark, don’t forget to look around on your way there.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
21-01-2015, 12:01 AM
I love British Columbia and Alberta. Best skiing on the planet, and beauty that is unsurpassed. Good luck
21-01-2015, 02:44 AM
Been there....several times (moved across the width of USA twice, as well as the Atlantic twice). Here's your song...

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
30-01-2015, 01:58 PM
I made it. It was sketchy for a while there, but otherwise the drive through the Rockies was as spectacular as it is in the summer.

Last night I slept with my window open. It's the end of January. I've finally found paradise.

[+] 7 users Like Stark Raving's post
30-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Muffs, I trust you've maintained order while I've been travelling?

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
30-01-2015, 02:51 PM
And now for something completely different....

My "moving story"

After I got out of the service in the mid 80's I got a call from a guy I'd grown up with and gone to school with - but hadn't seen in years....
We talked for about a 1/2 hour - then he mentioned he was moving and could use a hand. I said sure. He also brought in a mutual old friend of ours (who I had kept contact with) named Rick.

Appointed day - we show up - help him move - get the mandated pizza and beer and go home....

I don't hear from him for a year. He calls.

We talk for about 15 minutes - and then he mentions - that once again - he's moving..... Being the good friend, I show up.... So does Rick...

About two years go by - and he calls again...

"Where you moving to"? I ask --- He answers with surprise --- "Who told you???

I answer -- "Nobody - you son-of-a-bitch - it's the only time you call"....

I then hung up and called Rick and warned him. Rick was "conveniently out of town" for 2 weeks during the move.

We never heard from him again.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
30-01-2015, 06:04 PM
(30-01-2015 02:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Muffs, I trust you've maintained order while I've been travelling?

I maintained a sort of organized chaos, just as you left it. Big Grin

I was thinking of perpetrating a coup while you were away but than it occurred to me that effort would be required to instill 'discipline' (via beatings and public lashings of course) into this lot in order for them to accept me as their Supreme Overlord and I'm not big on effort so I decided I'd just go play some video games instead.
30-01-2015, 09:44 PM
(30-01-2015 06:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 02:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Muffs, I trust you've maintained order while I've been travelling?

I maintained a sort of organized chaos, just as you left it. Big Grin

I was thinking of perpetrating a coup while you were away but than it occurred to me that effort would be required to instill 'discipline' (via beatings and public lashings of course) into this lot in order for them to accept me as their Supreme Overlord and I'm not big on effort so I decided I'd just go play some video games instead.

Uh, question Muffs, how are you going to succeed in World Domination if Supreme Overlord of this lot is too much work?

[Image: TpQlBa0.gif]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post