Moving faster than "instantly"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2013, 06:59 PM

Moving faster than "instantly"?
Are there anything in our observable universe move faster than instantly? A few years ago in a forum IIRC a positron which are moving backward in time are certainly can move faster than instantly. That's mean it's million times faster than light-speed because it's even move faster than instantly.
Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: Moving faster than "instantly"?
Can you please give me a numeric value for an 'instant'?

Instant Drinking Beverage is not made instantly.

Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2013, 08:07 PM
(30-08-2013 07:34 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Can you please give me a numeric value for an 'instant'?

Instant Drinking Beverage is not made instantly.

Drinking Beverage

Well a Moment is 90 seconds (medieval phrase)

The attosecond, also known as a quintillionth of a second, is the timescale of atomic events.

But his problem is he is mixing laymans terms with science (again) as such an instant is not a real measure of time.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-08-2013, 08:12 PM
First of all,never heard of instant in time or speed
second, lightspeed*10^6 dafuq?
Third,cite source

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
30-08-2013, 10:51 PM
I think I recall something in a video about quantum physics the other day where they were talking about particles acting like they existed simultaneously in the past for a nanosecond mathematically or something like that. Maybe what he's talking about.

Science bitches! Hobo

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
31-08-2013, 04:06 AM

LOL Laugh out load

Of course I know this is an awkward nonsense question btw, but I really wanna know if there are something in our observable universe that can indeed move faster than "instantly" or zero time. About the positron move faster than "instantly", I found that info at Physics Forum a few years ago. I don't remember exactly what's the title of the thread though.
Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Can you search it? Because from what i know,when an object reaches the speed of light,the mass becomes infinite and then requires infinite energy to keep moving

31-08-2013, 07:49 AM
(31-08-2013 07:30 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Can you search it? Because from what i know,when an object reaches the speed of light,the mass becomes infinite and then requires infinite energy to keep moving

Not quite - infinite energy to accelerate.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-08-2013, 07:53 AM
I stand corrected

31-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Faster than 'instant' is by definition travelling back in time and violating causality (hell, faster than lightspeed is as well). This has never been observed.

However, travelling 'back in time' is one way of describing or conceptualising the behaviour of virtual anti/particle pairs. It's a useful conceit there, but it's not applicable to any other situation.

... this is my signature!