Moving on..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2011, 12:47 PM
RE: Moving on..
(08-12-2011 07:04 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  The question is who wants to do the job. Why exactly would Observer be expected to desire the position? He's trying to do this in a way that does not pressure the next person to perform.

Plus I think right now The Observer has enough on his plate Sad

Stark, I hope you stay to post and hang out! Thanks for all your hard work and I hope your next en-devours fill your life with great things Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
08-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Shy Hey-Stark- Don't forget to pop back in and let us know what you are up to.
It will be weird without you around to remind us to mind our Ps and Qs... but I'm sure we will muddle through our shenanigans with a bit of your exceptional leadership skills in mind.
Smile Good luck Stark, and have fun with whatever you do.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
08-12-2011, 03:35 PM
(07-12-2011 03:48 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It is time for a new Administrator for this forum. I have really found my time here rewarding, but all good things come to an end. I think it is time for a fresh perspective and so I will be stepping down. Rest assured, this decision was not taken lightly, and was also not solely because of the recent events. I have been considering this for a while, and just feel it's time to move on.

Thanks to everyone here for making this forum what it is. I hope that whoever takes my place will feel as rewarded as I have.

Take care all!

James.
\WEll done James you have shown humour, insight, and a great deal of tolerance.Cool
11-12-2011, 01:34 PM
After thinking about it, I wouldn't mind having my name in green. I got some geek in me, I got time, I refuse to hate anybody, and I'd continue your non-interventionist policies. If you wanna go that route. Wink

But you gotta pop in once in while, if only to keep the cannabis thread rolling. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
11-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Although I realise I'm not obliged to do so. I do want to say that I indeed WAS asked to become admin. I'm afraid that I will disappoint you people but I also realise what an incredible big task this is.

When I came to this forum I was in search for answers. I found them and I also found a bunch of fun folks to "hang out" with.

I have a rather filled life outside this forum. Stark has too. So we agreed that I'm fine with watching the shop for a while, but I'm not interested in taking it over.

Bad timing. If only they would have asked me a few years ago. Guess you can't live with "if". If my mom had wheels, she would be a cart, would she? Smile

Isn’t this what freedom is all about?
Most people see freedom as the liberty to make your own choices.
Then again, freedom is also about accepting the choices of others.

*opens an other can of irony*
Someone will come by one day and be the messiah of our forum. Big Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 4 users Like Observer's post
11-12-2011, 04:34 PM
(11-12-2011 02:41 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Someone will come by one day and be the messiah of our forum. Big Grin

I knew they were looking for an admin, but if it's Forum Messiah you need, I do have a bit of experience in the Messianic Department!

Now, where's that list of 11 rules that I came up with???

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
11-12-2011, 04:36 PM
(11-12-2011 04:34 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 02:41 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Someone will come by one day and be the messiah of our forum. Big Grin

I knew they were looking for an admin, but if it's Forum Messiah you need, I do have a bit of experience in the Messianic Department!

There's the volunteer. Sign him up before he gets away.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Take it easy Stark... thank you.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
12-12-2011, 12:34 AM
(11-12-2011 04:36 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 04:34 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
There's the volunteer. Sign him up before he gets away.
[Image: Atrapitis.gif]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 3 users Like Observer's post
12-12-2011, 03:37 AM
First I thought it's not a good idea, then it settled so now I think it's great, let houseofcantor be our new admin, the forum will take a whole new turn, I think it will be a good turn. If he understands enough about administration, admin panels and all that technical stuff.

What do you guys say, shall we let houseofcantor to be our new and improved leader?

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Lightbulb Volunteers to help moving threads from the 'old threads' forum DeepThought 8 397 31-03-2011 05:01 AM
Last Post: Kikko